Application Deadline: 24 September 2017.
Can you explain economic topics in an entertaining way? Do you like to make videos?
If you are aged between 18 and 30, this is your chance to tell your story and show us your talent by submitting an original video, no longer than 2 minutes 20 seconds, on an economic topic related to the European Central Bank’s activities!
The individuals or teams that produce the best videos will be invited to attend the award ceremony at the 10th anniversary of the economics conference “Les Journées de l’économie” (Jéco) in Lyon (France) on Thursday, 9 November 2017.
First prize for the winning video is €4,000.
Second and third prizes of €3,000 and €2,000 respectively may also be awarded subject to the jury’s decision on the quality of the videos.
The best videos might also feature on the social media of the European Central Bank and the Jéco!
How to enter
1. Make a video!
- Tell us your story on an economic topic related to the European Central Bank’s activities. It should be presented in an engaging and a simple way, suitable for a young audience that does not necessarily have any previous knowledge of the topic.
- Videos can be in English, French, German, Italian or Spanish. They should be in landscape format and should last no more than 2 minutes and 20 seconds. You must also submit the script of the video (maximum 1,500 words).
- Trouble choosing a topic? Here are some ideas:
- Why a single currency for Europe?
- Why not a world currency?
- Does the value of the euro against the dollar matter?
- Why is too much debt a problem? Is the problem public debt or private debt?
- Why is high inflation a problem?
- Should troubled banks be given public money?
- What will money look like in the future?
- Can monetary policy reduce social inequalities?
- Should workers be more mobile in the euro area?
2. Register on the competition website and submit your video by 24 September 2017!
For More Information: