Application Deadline: 25th January 2016
The European Charlemagne Youth Prize” aims to encourage the development of European consciousness among young people, as well as their participation in European integration projects.
The Prize is awarded to projects undertaken by young people which foster understanding, promote the development of a shared sense of European identity, and offer practical examples of Europeans living together as one community.
“The European Charlemagne Youth Prize” is awarded jointly and annually by the European Parliament and the Foundation of the International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen.
The European Parliament and the Foundation of the International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen invite young people from all the EU member states to participate in a competition on EU development, integration and European identity issues.
The ‘European Charlemagne Youth Prize’ is awarded to projects, which:
- promote European and international understanding,
- foster the development of a shared sense of European identity and integration,
- serve as a role model for young people living in Europe and offer practical examples of Europeans living together as one community.
The projects can focus on the organisation of various youth events, youth exchanges or online projects with a European dimension.
Applicants should be 16-30 year old.
The participants must be citizens or residents of one of the 28 member states of the European Union.
Participants can apply, either individually or in groups; in the case of group and multinational projects, the project can only be submitted in one country.
Applications in all official languages of the European Union are eligible.
The projects submitted for the competition must have started and:
a) have finished within the calendar year (12 months) preceding the current application deadline or
b) be still running.
All applications must include the following information:
- Applicant’s surname, first name and name of the organization (if applicable)
- Country of residence
- Date of birth
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Website: (if applicable)
- Title of the project
- Summary in English, French or German
- Complete description of the project
- Declaration of EU funding (if applicable)
- The prize for the best project is €5000, the second, €3000 and the third, €2000. As part of the prize, the three final laureates will be invited to visit the European Parliament (in Brussels or in Strasbourg).
- Also, the representatives of all the 28 national projects selected will be invited to a four-day trip in Aachen, Germany.
- The prizes for the best three projects will be presented by the President of the European Parliament and representative of the Foundation of the International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen.
- Fill in the personal details for an individual or a group.
- Download the “Declaration by the Applicant” Form (Declaration on EU Funding), fill it in, sign it, and upload it as an attachment.
- For project details, please note that you will need to upload your full description as an attachment.
- Important! If you attach your project as a pdf, please also include a Word file of the same document. If necessary, attach more than one file. Supported formats are: pdf, jpg, gif.
- If possible, please submit your project in one language only.
- Please do not forget to submit a summary of your project in English (EN), French (FR) or German (DE).
- Important! The summary should be short but exhaustive, covering the main aspects of your project. Often, the summary is the first element the jury observes when evaluating the project.
- Please note that in the case of group and multinational projects, the project can only be submitted in one country.
- After you have filled in all required information, click on the SUBMIT button and wait for the confirmation message.
- Please make sure you delete the browsing history in your browser before submitting your application. Should you encounter any difficulty, please send us a screen shot of the error message by e-mail at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information: