Application Deadline: 15 November 2017
The European Commission has launched the fifth edition of the EU Prize for Women Innovators to award women entrepreneurs who have achieved outstanding innovations and brought them to market. The first prize is €100 000, with second and third prizes of €50 000 and €30 000 respectively. A special prize of €20 000 will be dedicated to the Rising Innovator Award (30-years-old or younger) for an exceptional innovator at the beginning of her career.
The contest is open to women across the EU (or country associated to Horizon 2020 ) who have:
- Founded a successful company and brought innovation to market
- Benefitted from R&I funding from the public or private sector
- The originality and marketability of the developed product or service provided by the company of the contestant. Applications will be compared according to e.g. the number of patents/co-patents and trademarks.
- The economic impact – The economic impact of a product or service of the company for Europe is measured by the number of countries (inside and outside the EU) where the product or service is sold, and by the size of the turnover achieved with this service or product in 2015 and 2016.
- The societal impact – the societal impact of a product or service of the company for Europe. It will be measured by the number of jobs created and the potential of the service or product to help Europe in addressing societal challenges e.g. the ageing of the European population, global warming, clean water, renewable energy and resource efficiency.
- The impact and leadership role of the contestant. Contestants should explain how their role in the company influenced the success of the company and outline their potential to empower other women to be leaders and entrepreneurs.
Four cash prizes will be awarded to the most innovative women entrepreneurs:
- First Prize: €100 000
- Second Prize: €50 000
- Third Prize: €30 000
- Rising Innovator: €20 000
For More Information: