Application Deadline: 31st August 2018 (12:00 noon, Brussels time)
Each year the European Commission offers 2 five month, paid traineeships, for 1,300 trainees; administrative or translation.
Starting on 1 March or 1 October, trainees gain hands-on experience of EU policy making in a multicultural environment
The traineeship programme is open to university graduates who:
- Have a university degree or equivalent, of at least 3 years of study, corresponding to a complete cycle (Bachelor’s);
- Have a very good knowledge (C level as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) of two EU official languagues, one of which must be a procedural language: English or French or German. For non EU nationals only one procedural language is required.
- Have no prior work experience of any kind, in excess of 6 weeks in any EU institution, body or agency, EU delegations, with Members of Parliament (MEPs) or Advocates General at the EUCJ.
- The Commission does not provide accommodation. In Brussels, most trainees pay between 350 – 550 € per month. The Trainees Committee website and the BXL A LOUER – Bouche à Oreille Facebook page are good places to start looking for accommodation.
STEP 1: Self-assessment
This section is to help you to estimate your chances to successfully pass pre-selections and get into the Blue Book, the final list of candidates for the nearest traineeship session.
STEP 2: Register
Before you start you must have an account with EU Login (European Commission Authentication Service)
If you are a new user:
- Create an account
- Fill in the Sign Up form
- Click the Submit button
- Check your email account (check the spam folder too).
- In the email, click on the link to create your password
- Click on Proceed to go to the Application form.
STEP 3: Fill in and submit the application
Please do not wait for the very last day/s of an application period to apply!
Any request for support (including technical support) might need up to three working days to be treated, so if you contact us the last three days we cannot guarantee that the needed support can be given to you.
For More Information: