You can now apply for ECF’s third Idea Camp that will take place in March 2017.
ECF’s Idea Camp is a three-day collaborative working platform organised within the framework of Connected Action for the Commons, a network and action research programme led by ECF together with six cultural organisations from across Europe.
- The Idea Camp 2014 took place in Marseille, France and focused on the topic “Connected Action for Public Space”.
- The Idea Camp 2015 took place in Botkyrka, Sweden under the theme “Build the City”, applying the principles and ethics of the commons.
- The Idea Camp 2017 will take place in Spain on 1-3 March 2017 and will focus on the theme “Moving Communities”.
ECF believes in bold alternatives provided by citizens through their local cultural initiatives. At this time of transition, ECF invests in these local initiatives to help them to become enduring solutions to the challenges facing our continent. Europe as a shifting ‘home’ of changing communities – where people can live together in solidarity, accepting their differences – is an urgent priority in ECF’s focus over the coming years.
Entitled “Moving Communities”, ECF’s third Idea Camp will focus on the current positive, radical resistance movements that are daring to counteract anti-democratic practices.
Co-hosted by Platoniq, the Idea Camp will take place in Spain from 1 to 3 March 2017 and will bring together 50 participants whose emerging, groundbreaking ideas demonstrate a firm desire to contribute to fostering political imagination, building bridges and effectively contributing to the development of a society with a stronger sense of social justice. Based on the values of sharing, inclusion and openness, the Idea Camp offers Idea Makers a unique opportunity to meet peers from diverse backgrounds and with different visions from across Europe and its neighbouring countries.
Guidelines and application
Please submit an idea that fosters the Europe we believe in: a Europe of solidarity and openness shaped and nurtured by people
We invite you to apply for Idea Camp 2017 with an idea that:
- brings forward voices that are excluded from public debate and decision-making
- has an open approach to the way people can learn, share and live together
- applies a critical perspective to what could be a more accessible and inclusive society
- strengthens the vision and practice of shared communities and coexistence
- builds bridges across differing perspectives to help counter harmful public discourse
- contributes to discussions about genuine integration opportunities and people’s rights and accountability.
- fosters political imagination and promotes social justice, solidarity and equity among various social groups.
Your idea might reflect one or several of the issues aforementioned.
Following the Call for Ideas, 50 participants will be selected according to the guidelines. ECF will cover travel costs and all expenses related to the stay in Spain during the Idea Camp for a maximum of one representative for each idea.
After the Idea Camp, participants will be invited to submit a concrete plan for further research or investigation of their ideas. A total of 25 proposals will be selected and consequently awarded an R&D Grant, up to a maximum of €10,000 each.
For More Information: