Application Deadline: June 8th 2016
The EURIAS Fellowship Programme is an initiative of NetIAS (Network of European Institutes for Advanced Study). The Network brings together 22 Institutes for Advanced Study across Europe. It was created in 2004 to stimulate a dialogue on IAS practices and possible forms of cooperation. Within the whole network, more than 500 researchers are hosted every year for up to one full academic year.
NetIAS members share the objective of creating international and multidisciplinary learning communities. This openness and the freedom the fellows enjoy for their researches serve to promote scientific and intellectual exchanges. The fellows are released from their usual teaching and research obligations and pursue their project in a privileged environment, that stimulates reflexion and innovation. IAS tend to break from the intellectual routines, thus fostering the emergence of new perspectives, approaches and paradigms.
The European Institutes for Advanced Study (EURIAS) Fellowship Programme is an international researcher mobility programme offering 10-month residencies in one of the 18 participating Institutes: Aarhus, Amsterdam, Berlin, Bologna, Budapest, Cambridge, Delmenhorst, Edinburgh, Freiburg, Helsinki, Jerusalem, Lyon, Madrid, Marseille, Paris, Uppsala, Vienna, Zürich. The Institutes for Advanced Study support the focused, self-directed work of outstanding researchers. The fellows benefit from the finest intellectual and research conditions and from the stimulating environment of a multi-disciplinary and international community of first-rate scholars.
EURIAS Fellowships are mainly offered in the fields of the humanities and social sciences but may also be granted to scholars in life and exact sciences, provided that their proposed research project does not require laboratory facilities and that it interfaces with humanities and social sciences. The diversity of the 18 participating IAS offers a wide range of possible research contexts in Europe for worldwide scholars. Applicants may select up to three IAS outside their country of nationality or residence as possible host institutions.
For the 2017-2018 academic year, EURIAS offers 48 fellowships (25 junior and 23 senior positions). Please check on Avalaible fellowship positions.
The programme is open to all disciplines in the fields of humanities and social sciences.
It also welcomes applications from the arts, life and exact sciences provided that:
• the research project does not require any intensive laboratory work,
• the research project interfaces with humanities and social sciences,
• the applicant has a proven capacity to dialogue with other scientific disciplines,
• the candidate applies to an IAS that welcome scholars outside the humanities and social sciences.
All IAS have agreed on common standards, including the provision of a living allowance (in the range of € 26,000 for a junior fellow and € 38,000 for a senior fellow), accommodation (or a mobility allowance), a research budget, plus coverage of travel expenses.
APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
– Applications are submitted online via www.eurias-fp.eu, where you will find detailed information regarding the content of the application, eligibility criteria, selection procedure, etc.
– Applications period April 19th → June 8th, 2016.
– The deadline for application is June 8th, 2016, 4 PM GMT -Greenwich Mean Time- (6 PM Paris/Brussels Time). Late applications will not be considered.
– Scientific assessment by two international reviewers
– Pre-selection by the international EURIAS Scientific Committee
– Final selection by the IAS academic boards
– Publication of results (January 2017)
For More Information: