Application Deadline: 30 January 2017
Since 2008, the European Parliament together with the ‘Foundation of the International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen’ have each year been inviting young people from all EU Member States to submit projects run by and for youth showing an active participation in the development of Europe.
The ‘European Charlemagne Youth Prize’ is awarded to projects, which:
- promote European and international understanding,
- foster the development of a shared sense of European identity and integration,
- serve as a role model for young people living in Europe and offer practical examples of Europeans living together as one community.
- Young people aged between 16 and 30 from any EU Member States can submit projects for the European Charlemagne Youth Prize.
- Projects can be submitted individually or, preferably, in groups. They should promote European and international understanding; foster the development of a shared sense of European identity and integration; and provide role models for young people living in Europe and offer practical examples of Europeans living together as one community.
The prize for the best project is €7500, the second €5000 and the third €2500. As part of the prize, the three European laureates are invited to visit the European Parliament in Brussels or Strasbourg.
One representative of each of the 28 national winners is invited to Aachen for several days to attend several events, including the Youth Prize Award Ceremony, which always takes place two days before Ascension Day, the day on which the prestigious International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen is awarded.
The prizes for the best three projects will be presented by the President of the European Parliament and representatives of the Foundation of the International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen.
Once submitted your application cannot be edited. If you would need to change a phone number, e-mail address, or contact person then you can send us an email here: firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information: