Application Deadline: September 2nd 2016
Tell us what the EU can do to encourage more young entrepreneurs and you could be on your way to Bratislava!
Do you have a bright idea about what the EU could do to help more young people become entrepreneurs? Would you like the opportunity to share your thoughts with policymakers and entrepreneurs on a European stage?
European SME Week, under the patronage of the European Commissioner for Single Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs, has launched a youth essay contest aimed at 16-25 year olds across Europe.
Write an essay of no more than 2,500 words under the heading: “What can the EU do to encourage more young people to become entrepreneurs?” and you could be in with a chance of getting your voice heard on one of Europe’s most pressing economic questions.
The essay competition is part of European SME Week, an annual pan-European campaign to promote entrepreneurship in Europe. The flagship events of the Week are the SME Assembly and the European Enterprise Promotion Awards Ceremony.
- The winner of the essay competition will receive an all expenses paid trip* to the SME Assembly in Bratislava, Slovakia, in November, where they will present their prize-winning entry before an audience of over 600 delegates from the world of enterprise and entrepreneurship.
- The competition is open to all 16 to 25 year olds from European Member States or COSME partners countries (see the list)
- Essays must not exceed 2,500 words in length.
- All essays must be in English.
- Only one entry per applicant.
- The deadline for submissions is 2 September, 2016.
- The winners will be announced in November ahead of SME Week.
- An all expenses paid trip* to the SME Assembly in Bratislava, Slovakia, to present your essay to 600+ Assembly delegates
- Presentation training before delivering your work live on stage at the SME Assembly.
2nd and 3rd prize:
- A video of you presenting your essay will be streamed on the event wall at the SME Assembly.
All winners will receive promotion of their essays across SME Week social media channels.
For More Information: