Application Deadline: December 31st 2015
Applications for traineeships at ENISA are accepted in the following areas:
1. Network Information Security (NIS): in the following areas: – Security technologies – Security & resilience of communications networks – Critical Information Infrastructure – NIS standardisation & regulation – Electronic Identity & authentication technologies – Information Security Statistics – Economics of NIS;
2. Administration and Support: in the following areas – General Administration – Financial Administration, Human Resources – Internal Audit – Legal – Information Technology (IT).
Only applications specifying the chosen area (if Administration and Support, the exact area needs to be specified) will be considered. Applications received without this information will be dismissed.
The aims of the traineeship at ENISA are:
- To provide trainees an understanding of the objectives and activities of ENISA.
- To enable trainees to acquire practical experience and knowledge of the day-today work of ENISA Departments and Units.
- To promote European integration within the spirit of new governance and through active participation to create awareness of true European citizenship.
- To enable trainees to put into practice knowledge acquired during their studies, or professional careers.
- Trainees have to be nationals of a member state of the European Union or of Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein.
- Applicants must have completed the first cycle of a higher university education course and to have obtained a full degree or its equivalent by the closing date for applications (refer to annex 1 of Decision 79/2014 for minimum national qualifications required by the legislation in the country where the diploma was obtained).
- Very good knowledge of at least two EU languages, one of which should be the main working language of ENISA (English).
- ENISA through its traineeship scheme benefits from the input of enthusiastic graduates who can give a fresh point of view and up-to-date academic knowledge, which will enhance the everyday work of ENISA.
- Every year the Executive Director shall decide the number of traineeships to be offered in each Department, depending on the level of funds available and on the capacity of each Department to accommodate trainees.
- Traineeship at ENISA is addressed mainly to university graduates, without excluding those who in the framework of lifelong learning have recently obtained a university diploma or are at the beginning of a new professional career.
- Starting date: The starting date of the traineeship will be determined by the Agency according to its needs.
- The traineeships are open for a period of 6 months with one possible renewal period of a further six months.
- The technical posts will be based at the ENISA office at Maroussi Athens Greece and the administrative positions will be based at the ENISA headquarters in Heraklion Crete Greece
- The monthly grant available to trainees for these positions will be €1000 per month net of income tax. Trainees will be required to hold health insurance.
- Where the trainee is not covered by their own national insurance ENISA will pay the costs to the Greek Government for the trainee to be covered by the Greek National Health Scheme for the duration of the traineeship.
- Some additional assistance to cover travel costs may be made available and will be considered on a case by case basis.
The rules governing the 2015 traineeship scheme of the European Union Agency for Network and Information Security (ENISA) can be found in the Executive Decision (ED/79/2014) published on the ENISA website.
- Only those applicants that have not participated in other traineeships organised by either the EU Commission or any of the EU Institutions or Agencies will be eligible to participate.
- Applications may be submitted at any time by sending the ENISA application form to ENISA-STAGEemail@example.com and marking the application clearly as an application for a traineeship position and which profile they are applying. Please note that you can only apply for ONE of the seven advertised profiles.
Pdf application is to be named under format: SURNAME_NAME_2015_01
Applications that do not meet the eligibility criteria or are incorrectly submitted will be rejected.
- This traineeship call does not have a deadline.
- It is expected that interviews will be carried out by phone or video conference.
For More Information: