European Youth Forum United Nations Advocacy Meeting 2016 – Brussels, Belgium (Funded)
Application Deadline: June 28th 2016 23:59 (CET)
The European Youth Forum will hold the 2016 United Nations Advocacy Meeting on 29-31 July in Brussels, Belgium.
The UN Advocacy Meeting is intended for the following participants: official UN youth delegates from European countries (due to the timings of the meeting, as well as the current aims, this mainly targets youth delegates to the UN General Assembly); representatives of European Youth Forum member organisations (National Youth Councils and International Youth NGOs) attending the UN General Assembly or other UN meetings; representatives of European Youth Forum member organisations responsible for coordinating institutional relations with the UN or supporting the UN youth delegate programme.
The main aims of the meeting are to:
– strengthen the work and cooperation among member organisations designating youth delegates and other representatives attending the UN General Assembly and other UN meetings;
– enable member organisations to more effectively engage in the UN system and its policies;
– discuss common priorities and coordinated advocacy efforts towards the UN, including join strategy for advocacy in the next session of the UN General Assembly;
– support the preparation of youth delegates and representatives of non-governmental organisations for their role.
The criteria for participation are the following:
– be nominated by a European Youth Forum Member Organisation
– fit one of the following categories of participants: official UN youth delegate from a European country; representative of a National Youth Council or International Non-Governmental Youth Organisation attending the UN General Assembly or other UN meetings; representative of a National Youth Council or International Non-Governmental Youth Organisation responsible for coordinating institutional relations with the United Nations or supporting the UN youth delegate programme;
– be committed to take active part in the whole meeting;
– be able to work effectively in English.
Should more nominations be received than places available, we would aim to compose a group with a fair, balanced representation, taking into account gender, geographical balance and types of organisations and participants, and according to the motivation and experience of the nominees.
Number of participants: 30
Additional infos: The meeting will take place 29-31 July, starting in the afternoon of Friday 29 July and finishing on Sunday 31 July by 14:00.
- Accommodation in Brussels will be provided on a room-sharing basis. Meals will be provided during the meeting.
- Travel costs will be partially reimbursed by the European Youth Forum. As in recent years, the maximum reimbursement for travel will be 100€ or 80% of travel costs, whichever is smaller.
- Please do not book travel until you have received confirmation of selection for the meeting.
For any questions, please contact email@example.com.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the United Nations Advocacy Meeting 2016