Foundation for Indian Contemporary Art FICA Emerging Artist Award 2017.
FICA Emerging Artist Award seeks to promote young artists studying or practicing in India who demonstrate extraordinary skill and promise in the visual arts. Selected by an independent jury of distinguished artists and professionals in the field, the recipient gets the opportunity to travel and work in an international residency and showcase their works as part of FICA Homepage, an annual exhibition of FICA Grantees in July-August every year, at the Vadehra Art Gallery.
FICA is pleased to be collaborating with Pro Helvetia – Swiss Arts Council, New Delhi for the Emerging Artist Award 2017. We are grateful for the support of Vadehra Art Gallery in hosting the exhibition platform.
The award includes :
- a ninety day residency in Switzerland in 2018, round trip air travel from their town in India, a per diem (including local travel) during the time of the residency
- an opportunity to showcase a body of work at FICA Homepage, an annual exhibition of FICA grantees in July-August, at the Vadehra Art Gallery, New Delhi.
Requirements for applicants:
- The applicant must be between 18 and 35 years of age.
- The applicant needs to be an Indian citizen. Overseas Citizens of India and Non Indian Residents are not eligible.
- In case the applicant is chosen as the recipient of the award he/she should agree to all Terms and Conditions, as listed below, upon accepting the award.
Terms and Conditions for recipient:
- The recipient will accept the award by formally signing an agreement with FICA. Once the recipient accepts the award, which includes both the residency and the exhibition platform, he/she cannot withdraw their acceptance.
- The recipient will have to accept the ninety-day residency in Switzerland in 2018 as per the dates scheduled by Pro Helvetia. Requests for change in date will not be accommodated.
- The recipient must have or get a valid Indian passport prior to the residency.
- The exhibition will be an exclusive collaboration between the recipient and FICA with no involvement from a third party. The procedure and conditions for the solo show will be detailed in a separate contract between the recipient and FICA before the start of the exhibition.
- FICA reserves the right to decide the dates for this exhibition as part of the larger FICA Homepage Platform where other grantees will also be given the opportunity to showcase their projects. The grantee will have to comply with the stipulations of space provided and time period at which this exhibition will take place.
- Please include the following material in your application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Completed EAA 2017 Application Form (attached above).
- Images of up to 20 works, each image labelled with the artist’s name, title of work, date, dimensions and medium. If works are part of a series please provide multiple images (each series will be considered a separate work.) If there are video file(s) it should be compatible for playback on Windows Media/VLC/Real Player.
- Current resume.
- An artist’s statement, explaining your practice and interests, and a brief explanation on the works submitted.
- We will accept applications through email only. Late applications will not be accepted.
- All application material should be submitted in a Google Drive or Dropbox Folder ONLY.
- Email your application to email@example.com before 15th July 2017
- Subject Heading for Email: Application for FICA EAA 2017 | Your Name
In case of any queries please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
For More Information: