Application Deadline: July 13th at midnight EST.
Co-produced by the French Embassy and Business France, the French-American Digital Lab is a 10-day exchange program of workshops, conferences, and seminars with leading tech and cultural companies for budding international culture-focused start-ups. A program of French Tech New York and part of Paris – New York Tandem 2016, the Digital Lab aims to lead the digital transformation of cultural industries by supporting and lending resources to young creative leaders—the undeniable drivers of global competitiveness—who are transforming the way we engage with culture. The Digital Lab seeks to nurture innovative, creative minds in France and the US that place culture and innovation at the heart of their work.
In 2016, the Digital Lab will focus on two primary themes:
– Storytelling & VR: Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, and 360 video are redefining the way we experience art performances, films, games, and more. This year’s Digital Lab explores the disruptive technologies that are transforming traditional narrative forms, including storytelling, transmedia, digital media, performing arts, video games, journalism, print, and digital publishing.
– Fashion & Design: These industries wield powerful economic, aesthetic, and cultural influence in France and the US. The impact of fashion innovation offers new opportunities that designers are just beginning to explore, including wearable technology, smart textiles, connected clothing, and 3D printing. New technologies are bringing fresh inspiration and previously unimaginable possibilities to designers in a range of fields, including sound design, interior design, graphic design and sensorial design.
he French-American Digital Lab aims to help startups and content creators develop their products in the culture and art sectors. Products may or may not be primarily tech-based, but must be situated in the digital field. Startups should pursue one of the following goals:
– Work toward intercultural adaptation of the product
– Establish their company in the USA in the next 12 to 36 months
– Your product must combine cultural content with digital media (though it may not be primarily tech-based)
– Your product must be connected to one of the French-American Digital Lab’s two 2016 themes: Storytelling & Virtual Reality or Fashion & Design
– Your priority must be international development within the next 12 to 36 months
– You must have identified potential partners in New York
– You must be in the seed stage or early stage of your development as a company
– Your company must be incorporated in France, and currently conducts business there
– You must speak fluent business English
Covered costs (for 2 participants per project) of the French-American Digital Lab include:
– Personalized meetings organized by the Cultural Services
– Individualized sessions with expert mentors
– Workshop participation
– Admission to networking and cultural events
Participants are responsible for their own lodging, dining and transportation.
The application for Session 2 of the French-American Digital Lab is available here and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before July 13th at midnight EST.
- • June 9, 2016: Applications open
• July 13, 2016 at midnight EST: Applications close
• September 8, 2016: Selected candidates announced
• October 17 – 26, 2016: French-American Digital Lab, hosted by the Made in NY Media Center by IFP, takes place in New York
• April 2017: Individual check-in with an Export Counsellor from Business France to define the next steps for a program’s international development
For More Information: