Application Deadline: July 29th 2016
Introduced in the Philippines in 2004, the FLTA Program has aimed to strengthen foreign language instruction at U.S. educational institutions since 1968 by establishing a native speaker presence. The FLTA Program provides an opportunity for young, international teachers of English to refine their teaching skills, increase their English language proficiency and extend their knowledge of the cultures and customs of the United States while engaging in non-degree studies. FLTAs add an energetic and up-to-date cultural component to foreign language classes as well as to student life on U.S. campuses.
- Applicants must be no younger than 23 and no older than 29 years of age at the time of application; must be Filipino citizens. The FLTA Program does not provide J-2 sponsorship for dependents.
- Applicants must clearly demonstrate maturity, dependability, integrity and professionalism.
- Ideally, FLTAs are outgoing and dynamic individuals with a great sense of humor.
- Fluency in English is mandatory. A score of no less than 90 (iBT) on the TOEFL is required.
- Candidates should possess the equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree (U.S.) with a good academic record. Master’s degrees are highly desirable by many institutions.
- Teaching experience is preferred. English teachers are eligible, except those from Metro Manila.
- Completed online application
- Official or certified transcript of records from all colleges/universities attended
- Certified true copy of diploma (not original)
- Three letters of reference (forms are found on the online application)
- Supplemental forms
- Copy of passport
- TOEFL or IELTS score report (if available)
All interested applicants are required to complete the online application found on https://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/flta/ page. All other required documents should be received at the PAEF office no later than July 29, 2016.
For More Information: