Fulbright Irish Scholar Awards 2018 for Irish or E.U. citizens
Application Deadline: 31st October 2017.
The Fulbright Irish Scholar Awards are grants for Irish citizens, or E.U. citizens resident in the Republic of Ireland for three or more years, to complete postdoctoral or professional research or lecturing for a period of 3 months up to 1 year. Applicants can choose one of the following four categories of Fulbright Scholar Awards:
- Lecturing: If the primary purpose of the project is to teach or team-teach at least one full semester course. Applicants will be required to submit course syllabi
- Research: If the primary purpose of the project is to conduct research. Applicants will be required to submit a research bibliography
- Lecturing/Research: If the project will include significant portions of both lecturing and research as defined above. Candidates will be required to outline both activities in their project statement, as well as submit course syllabi and a research bibliography
- The new Fulbright-HRB HealthImpact Award allows professionals to undertake research or professional development
Fulbright Scholar applicants must:
- possess a PhD or five or more years relevant professional experience
- be an Irish citizen, or E.U. citizen living in ROI for the past 3+ years
- not be a dual U.S.-Irish citizen, green card holder, or currently living in the U.S.
- not already have extensive experience of studying or living in the U.S.
- a monetary grant that is based on the location and duration of the award
- accident and emergency insurance
- cultural and professional programming. All successful applicants will be required to attend a pre-departure orientation in Dublin
- a requirement to submit reports
- and J-1 visa administration. Awardees MUST comply with THE TWO-YEAR HOME-COUNTRY RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT associated with the J-1 visa. Awardees will not be eligible for a U.S. residency or work visa until they have fulfilled the J-1 visa two-year home residency requirement.
Fulbright General Scholar Awards are open to Scholars and Academics from all disciplines, except clinical medical studies.
The following Fulbright Sponsored Scholar Awards are also available:
Fulbright-Enterprise Ireland Award in Innovation, including new technologies that will lead to job creation and increased exports.
Fulbright-EPA Award in the areas of water, climate, and sustainability.
Fulbright-GSI Award in Geoscience. This includes but is not limited to geological and marine mapping, geological processes, Earth observation, groundwater, raw materials and minerals, public perception of Earth resources.
Fulbright-HRB HealthImpact Award to undertake research or professional development in any area of Health. Applications from health professionals, senior health research administrators, health research managers and researchers are welcome, particularly in the areas of Research Management in a Healthcare Setting, Development & Implementation of Institutional Health Research Strategies, Public and Patient Involvement in Health Research,Health Services and Health Systems Research, Implementation Research, and Health Research Policy.
Fulbright-Marine Institute Award in the area of Marine Science or Business. Applications in Marine Sensor Technologies and Observation Systems, Maritime Economics, Ocean Energy, Marine Biotechnology, Oceanography and Marine Modelling, Food Safety, and Ecosystem-based Management are particularly encouraged.
Fulbright-NUI Scholar Award For NUI graduates to complete post-doctoral or professional research and/or lecturing.
Fulbright Awards for Professionals the General Scholar Awards & a number of sponsored Scholar Awards are open to professionals with relevant experience.
How to Apply:
If you meet the criteria, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate your interest in applying as soon as the application period opens.
In your email please state:
- Your full name as it appears on your passport
- Area of study or research / lecturing and where relevant, the discipline specific award you are interested in
- Home institution
- Where you intend to study or research
- How long you intend to be in the US. The allowable period for scholars is 3 months up to 1 year. Please see TechImpact Awards if you have a technology related project and are interested in a 2 week to 3 month period of research.
For More Information: