Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships 2018 for Young Indians
Application Deadline: June 15, 2017, 23:59:59 hrs (IST)
The Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships are designed for outstanding Indians residing in India to pursue a master’s degree program at selected U.S. colleges and universities in the areas of Arts and Culture Management including Heritage Conservation and Museum Studies; Environmental Science/Studies; Higher Education Administration; International Legal Studies; Public Administration; Public Health; Urban and Regional Planning; and Women’s Studies/Gender Studies.
These fellowships are for highly motivated individuals who demonstrate leadership qualities, have completed the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree, have at least three years professional work experience, and are committed to return and contribute to their communities. The fellowships are for one to two years.
The fellowship will provide the following benefits:
- J-1 visa support;
- Round-trip economy class air travel from fellow’s home city to the host institution in the U.S.
- Funding for tuition and fees*, living and related costs; and
- Accident and sickness coverage per U.S. Government guidelines.
* USIEF funding may not cover all costs and the scholar may need to supplement grant benefits with other resources.
The Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships provide no financial support for dependents.
In addition to the General Prerequisites, the applicants should:
- have completed an equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a recognized Indian university with at least 55% marks. Applicants should either possess a four-year bachelor’s degree or a completed master’s degree, if the bachelor’s degree is of less than four years’ duration
- have at least three years’ full-time professional work experience relevant to your proposed field of study at the time of application
- demonstrate experience in leadership and community service;
- must not have another degree from a U.S. university or be enrolled in a U.S. degree program; and
- if you are employed, please follow the instructions carefully regarding employer’s endorsement. If applicable, please obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the FNMasters Employer’s Endorsement Form. The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period.
Application Due Date: June 15, 2017, 23:59:59 hrs (IST)
Timeline and Placement Process
|June 15, 2017||Application due date for 2018-2019 awards|
|June-July 2017||Field-specific experts review applications to short-list candidates|
|Mid August 2017||National interviews of short-listed candidates in Delhi|
|End August 2017||USIEF notifies principal and alternate nominees that they are recommended. Nominees take tests (such as TOEFL & GRE)|
|September 2017||USIEF forwards applications of recommended candidates to the U.S. for J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB) approval and placement|
|March-April 2018||USIEF notifies finalists|
|May-June 2018||Pre-Departure Orientation|
|July-August 2018||Pre-academic training in the U.S. (if required)|
|August-September 2018||Degree program begins|
Placement of successful candidates is done by the Institute of International Education (IIE), New York. Recommended applicants do not need to apply to U.S. institutions on their own. IIE/Fulbright Program will apply to four different institutions on their behalf, taking into consideration the candidates’ preferred institutions and the candidates’ competitiveness. If a recommended candidate has previously applied to U.S. institutions and has requested a deferral from the institution, the candidate must notify USIEF immediately.
How to Apply
- Applications must be submitted online at: https://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/international/20/
- Please carefully review the FNMaster’s Applicant Instructions before starting your online application
- Pleae refer to FNMaster’s Applicant Checklist before submitting the application
- In addition, you must complete and upload the following documents on your online applicaiton:
1. FNMaster’s Applicant Annexure
2. FNMaster’s Employer’s Endorsement Form
For More Information: