Application Deadline: January 15th, 2016!
Girls in Tech and the Silicon Valley Internship Programme have partnered to provide a unique opportunity to work at a fast paced start-up in Silicon Valley for a 1 year paid internship under a J1 visa.
Successful candidates will work full-time with the engineering teams of sponsoring start-ups and develop their entrepreneurial skills through a structured program of hackathons and events run by GIT & SVIP to help them develop their ideas into companies by the end of the year. At the end of the program, the students will return to their home countries hopefully bringing back a little of the entrepreneurial secret sauce from Silicon Valley.
Successful candidates will be paid $60,000 as a salary for the year and the SVIP team will organize the processing of visas, flights, first month’s accommodation and associated logistics.
- To be female and to have graduated from a software engineering degree or related discipline before August 2016.
- To be able to demonstrate an ability to code in at least one software language.
- To be comfortable to speak English in a work setting.
- To be willing and able to move to Silicon Valley for one year.
- To have the desire to learn about entrepreneurship and build a business alongside a full time role as a Developer.
Applications for the program open in October 2015 with interviews and start-up matching occurring in early 2016 with successful candidates moving to Silicon Valley in late August/early September 2016.
For More Information: