Application Deadline: November 30th 2017
Do you love telling good stories and sharing pertinent information with your networks? Are you passionate about sustainable development and the environment?
If so, join our innovative youth social media outreach mentoring and internship project, starting at the 8th edition of the Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) at the World Conference Center in Bonn, Germany, from December 19-20, 2017.
At a time when our planet is facing increasingly daunting challenges, the GLF in Bonn will gather influencers from all over the world with 1,500 participants, and 6,000 additional participants online, to scale-up best practices and initiatives in support of the global development agenda.
The program provides an opportunity for youth to be trained and mentored in leveraging online media and social media in a professional environment relevant to the development world.
The program includes a three-day hands-on training workshop in Bonn, Germany ahead of the Forum (Dec 16-18, 2017), a practical exercise during the actual Forum (also in Bonn, Dec 19-20), and a one-year partnership for 10 selected candidates.
During the program, all participants will be closely involved in supporting the online media outreach for the GLF, while working in different languages and using a variety of tools and platforms.
The Global Landscapes Forum is the first global movement of its kind and the world’s largest science-led multi-sectoral platform on landscapes, bringing together world leaders, climate negotiators, policy makers, development practitioners, private sector representatives, world-class scientists, civil society and the media to accelerate action towards the creation of more resilient, equitable, profitable, productive and healthy landscapes and the achievement of the UNFCCC Paris agreement and of the Sustainable Development Goals (Agenda 2030).
- The program is open to students or young professionals up to the age of 35 who are interested/studying/working in agriculture, environment, or sustainable development, and eager to learn more about online media/social media.
- GLF aspire to offer this program to everyone from all over the world starting from 2018. However, this year, the youth applications will only be accepted for people currently residing (working or studying) in Europe.
- Why? Due to the long visa processing time for participants applying outside of the EU, the short time span from now until the event, and the associated costs to fly people across continents, we will give priority to foreign candidates already working or studying in Europe.
- GLF are looking for participants fluent in English with mastery of another major language. We are particularly interested in candidates who are fluent in German, French, Spanish, Mandarin, Hindi, Portuguese, Russian or Arabic.
- Up to €200 for tickets and transport to/from Bonn
- A €650 lump sum stipend for 5 days accommodation and local expenses in Bonn
- Free participation in the Bonn Forum (value of USD $240).
- A one year long partnership with the GLF including hands-on guidance and mentoring in setting up/running actual online media/social media outreach tools, in different languages.
- The 10 selected youth ambassadors will work remotely and as volunteers. These are not paid internships or staff positions.
- Throughout 2018: monthly real-time and tailor-made virtual learning events, concentrated on augmenting the youth ambassadors’ skills in using social media outreach tools.
- Full integration within our GLF Communications team, allowing you to work and learn alongside top-notch professionals.
Expectation from selected youth ambassadors
- Actively engaging during the training workshop
- Your full enthusiasm, energy, inspiration, flexibility and creativity
- Your engagement in writing/translating GLF messages and blog posts, and broadcasting them through the social media outlets you manage, under our guidance. This will be done during the Bonn event and throughout 2018. Please expect to allocate a maximum of 3 hours per week on the program, throughout 2018.
For More Information: