IGNITE Fellowship Program 2017 for Emerging Women Leaders ( $10,000 stipend)
Application Deadline: June 6th 2017
A premier fellowship program for civically engaged young women who are on the path to become the next generation of political leaders. Every year IGNITE recruits a new cohort of diverse and passionate women in communities across the United States and provides them with resources, training and networks to launch political careers. These young women serve as ambassadors for IGNITE’s mission and vision and play a valuable role in our efforts to spread a national message that it is time for young women to step into political power.
- Launches a regional college council for 20-30 politically ambitious young women from a group of local college campuses. Each College Council meets for bi-monthly weekend retreats to develop political leadership skills, learn in-depth information around a specific policy area, and receive mentorship from several elected women.
- Works with the College Council members to start and sustain IGNITE College Chapters on their home campuses, thereby reaching many more politically active young women. Chapters build political and civic engagement among students and organize activities like voter registration drives, policy workshops, and meetings with elected women and candidates. Chapters members have the opportunity to target their organizing efforts to the specific needs of their campus.
- Organizes a regional IGNITE events for an even broader audience of young women and community stakeholders to expand IGNITE’s program reach and audience.
Fellowship dates: August 28, 2017 – June 29, 2018.
- Your current resume
- Two letters of recommendation (one from an academic institution and one from a professional source)
- A cover letter explaining your personal career goals, describing your civic engagement and political leadership experience how you think becoming an IGNITE Fellow will help you shift the current landscape of representation in government.
IGNITE is looking for Fellows from across the political spectrum who are deeply motivated, take initiative, have organizing experience on college campuses and have a track record building new initiatives. We are specifically looking for young women who have a history of serving their communities through volunteer activities, internships, or other extra-curricular activities. Strong candidates will demonstrate experience in civic engagement and political leadership with a deep commitment to advancing equal rights for women.
- June 6, 2017: All application materials and letters of recommendation must be emailed in PDF format to our Chief Program Officer, Sara Guillermo (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 11:59pm PST.
- June 12 to July 14, 2017: Fellow candidates will be interviewed
- August 1, 2017: IGNITE 2017-2018 Fellowship Cohort will be announced
- September 13 – 16, 2017: Cohort travels for Fellowship Retreat
- IGNITE Fellows will be compensated with a $10,000 stipend with successful demonstration of monthly benchmarks and engagement in IGNITE National meetings and trainings.
For more information or questions, please contact our Chief Program Officer, Sara Guillermo (email@example.com).
For More Information: