Application Deadline- January 31, 2019
The Women Enhancing Technology (WeTech®) Goldman Sachs Global Scholarships and Mentorship Program is a partnership between the Institute of International Education (IIE), a leader in a number of the world’s most prestigious scholarship and fellowship programs, and Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS) a leading global investment bank and active investor in India, which is focused on developing young women and future local leaders in information, communication and technology (ICT).
WeTech® believes that providing young women university scholarships for degrees in the ICT sector has tremendous impact on their retention and success rate in their chosen field, at a time when the global tech industry desperately needs more women educated, trained and entering into ICT careers. Combining this financial support with a 6-month structured mentorship program will also enable these women to connect with professionals working in the field who can provide them with valuable advice, guidance, and support to ensure their success as they enter into technical careers after graduation.
The WeTech Goldman Sachs opportunity will be available for university students from participating universities in India for the 2018-2019 school year. A total of forty-five (45) students will receive a six-month guided virtual mentorship opportunity from approximately April through October 2019 where the students will be matched 1:1 with an experienced mentor from Goldman Sachs.
The scholarship eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Applicant must be female.
- Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Applicant must be able to communicate in English.
- Applicant must be a current undergraduate student at a participating university in her second or third year of studies.
- Applicant must be seeking a degree in engineering, computer science, or other ICT related studies.
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate leadership potential in her chosen engineering or ICT field (reference letters are required).
- Applicant must be willing and available to participate in a virtual mentorship for a period of six months beginning from April to September 2019.
Preference will be given to candidates who:
- Have an excellent record of academic achievement (GPA).
- Demonstrate leadership ability through work experience, volunteer experience, community, and academic activities. Of interest are applicants who have:
- Contributed to coding clubs or associations on campus,
- Participated in campus‐run coding competitions, or
- Express an openness to a mentoring opportunity from an expert in a tech‐related field.
- Accomplished relevant projects and research, clearly outlined in a CV.
- Participated in inter/intra‐college technology festivals.
For More Information: