Application Deadline: 1st December 2017
Access to knowledge is Google’s passion. When it comes to higher education for promising scholars, Google doesn’t want anything to stand in the way. That’s why Google, in partnership with EmployAbility, is proud to present the Google Europe Scholarship for Students with Disabilities. Google is committed to helping the innovators of the future make the most of their talents by providing scholarships for Computer Science students with disabilities.
Recipients of the Google Europe Scholarship for Students with Disabilities will each receive a €7,000 scholarship for the 2018-2019 academic year. Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of the applicant’s academic background, leadership skills and demonstrated passion for Computer Science.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled at a university in Europe or Israel for the 2017-18 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled or accepted as a full time or part time student in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD programme (or equivalent) at a university in Europe or Israel for the 2018/2019 academic year.
- Citizens, permanent residents, and international students are eligible to apply.
- Be studying computer science, or related technical degree with core computer science modules in it
- Maintain a strong academic record (Please note that mitigating circumstances affecting your academic and work experiences can be taken into account. You should include full details about these in the spaces provided on the application form).
- Exemplify leadership and a passion for Computer Science and technology
- Have a disability, mental health or long term health condition (which includes dyslexia, dyspraxia, visual impairment, hearing impairment, diabetes, epilepsy, depression, anxiety disorders, and any other physical or mental impairments or health conditions).
Applicants will be asked to complete an online application through EmployAbility which includes:
- General background information (i.e. contact information and details about your current and intended universities for the 2018-2019 school year)
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- A reference letter from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to essay questions
Apply here by 1st December 2017
Recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool.
For More Information: