Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship 2018 for study in Ireland (Funded)
Application Deadline: 30 November 2017
- one year, in order to prepare a doctoral dissertation for publication through a variety of high quality published outputs: e.g. monographs, peer-reviewed articles, edited volumes;
- two years, in order to develop either a new research project or a research project that demonstrates a significant development of the subject of the doctorate through a variety of appropriate, feasible and clear published outputs.
This programme aims to support suitably qualified applicants in any discipline to pursue a postdoctoral fellowship at an eligible higher education institution in Ireland. Fellows will hold a Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship. These fellowships can be held for either one or two years.
An applicant must have either graduated or have been certified as having fulfilled all the requirements for the award of a doctoral degree, including a viva/thesis defence, within the five-year period between 31 March 2013 and 31 March 2018.
- Fellows from any country may hold a Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship. However, fellows under this scheme:
- must maintain their principal residence in Ireland (as defined) during the period of the fellowship and;
- must satisfy the State’s regulations on immigration and have the support of their host institution(s) with respect to these regulations and requirements if not a national of a member state of the European Union (EU).
- a salary of €31,275 per annum
- employer’s PRSI contribution of €3,365 per annum (10.75% of salary)
- employer’s pension contribution, where applicable, of €6,255 per annum (20% of salary)
- eligible direct research expenses of €5,000 per annum
How to apply
Documentation related to the 2018 Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship call will be released shortly. All participants must create and submit their forms via the online system.
|FAQ deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 21 November 2017|
|Applicant deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 30 November 2017|
|Mentor and referee deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 7 December 2017|
|Research office endorsement deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 14 December 2017|
|Call outcome||April 2018|
|Fellowship start date||1 October 2018|
For More Information: