Monday, June 6 – Friday, August 12, 2016
Harvard University, Cambridge & Boston, Massachusetts.
Each intern is placed, at the discretion of the program administrators, in one of Harvard’s 11 affiliated hospitals and research centers
The Harvard Stem Cell Institute (HSCI) Internship Program (HIP) provides undergraduate students with a focused and challenging summer research experience in a cutting-edge stem cell science laboratory. Interns are exposed to different professional options within the scientific arena through a stem cell seminar series, a career pathways presentation, and a weekly stem cell companion course. Students present their summer research findings, both orally and in poster format, at the HIP Symposium—a requirement of all program participants.
- This is an UNDERGRADUATE internship program open to rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors who express a strong interest in stem cell biology.
- Applicants may be from Harvard or any college or university across the United States and internationally.
- Harvard University will sponsor the visas for international students who are selected for this program.
- Previous research experience in a biological laboratory is highly desirable, but not required.
- Applications will not be considered from those who will receive their baccalaureate degrees by December, 2016, or are currently in high school or graduate/medical school.
- Exceptions are made for international students in six-or-seven-year ‘medical programs.’ Students who have previously participated in the HSCI summer internship program are also ineligible to reapply to the program.
- A stipend of $4,500.00 will be provided, and this is intended to cover transportation and housing costs related to participation in this program.
- Students, especially international students with J-1 visa requirements, will require greater financial resources to support their time at Harvard.
- On-campus housing will likely be available at a cost to the participant of approximately $3,300.00. Kitchen facilities are NOT available during the summer. Participants may secure private housing (e.g., sublets) on their own. Meal plans are not available for HIP participants.
Contact Maureen Herrmann, Administrative Director : email@example.com
For More Information: