Application Deadline: September 1st 2016
The Heinrich Böll Foundation grants scholarships to approximately 1,000 undergraduates, graduates, and doctoral students of all subjects and nationalities per year, who are pursuing their degree at universities, universities of applied sciences (‘Fachhochschulen’), or universities of the arts (‘Kunsthochschulen’). Scholarship recipients are expected to have excellent academic records, to be socially and politically engaged and to have an active interest in the basic values of the foundation: Ecology and sustainability, democracy and human rights, self determination and justice.
At the time of application, the applicant must have been accepted as a student or doctoral student by a state-recognised institution of higher education in Germany. The applicant has to be accepted by a state-recognised institution at the latest by the beginning of the scholarship.
For an undergraduate and graduate scholarship:
- General student scholarships for German and German-educated applicants: Students in all subjects who are pursuing a first degree (Bachelor, Staatsexamen, Diplom) and who earned their university entrance qualification in Germany;
- Student scholarship – journalism: “Medienvielfalt, anders: Junge Migrantinnen und Migranten in den Journalismus” (for Germans and candidates who study in Germany – Bildungsinländer/innen): This programme is aimed at German or German-educated students with a migration background who wish to become journalists;
- International students on a masters course in any subject who earned their university entrance qualification outside Germany (Bildungsausländer/innen) and are studying, or wish to study, in Germany.
For a doctoral scholarship:
- Doctoral students from inside and outside Germany for a doctoral scholarship in the focus programme “Transformation Research”;
Good or very good knowledge of German is required, please supply documentary evidence.
For undergraduate and graduate students:
- Who are German/EU nationals or those educated in Germany, the amount varies according to parental income or own assets or earnings: max. EUR 597 plus EUR 300 book allowance per month.
At the doctoral level:
- German/EU nationals or those educated in Germany receive EUR 1,050 per month basic scholarship plus EUR 100 per month research costs allowance.
How to apply?
In order to apply you will have to:
- Check if you are among the special focus groups in this application round;
- Gather information on the application process and the requested documents;
- Register for the online application portal;
- Provide the requested information in the Online Application Portal;
- After uploading all of your documents, submit your application before the end of 1 September 2016.
For More Information: