Application Deadline: 31st January 2016
HSBC Skills for Life is a five year INR 100 crore commitment by HSBC India that will focus on employment and entrepreneurship-linked skill development of disadvantaged youth, upskilling of teachers and educators, and women’s empowerment through financial education and livelihood enhancement.
The programme aligns with the Bank’s philosophy of ‘Supporting Human Ambition’ that reflects the Bank’s commitment to connect and build meaningful relationships and help every individual realise their ambitions, while creating a sense of optimism that leads to collective progress.
HSBC Skills for Life is a pan – India programme that will support Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) across three verticals:
• To provide employment and entrepreneurship-linked skills training to disadvantaged
• To upskill educators and teachers through ‘Train the Trainers’ (TOT) approach so that
they deliver relevant and ‘learner-focused’ content to end beneficiaries
• To enhance capacities of rural and urban disadvantaged young women to improve
their livelihood potential by imparting financial literacy and building entrepreneurial
The first vertical is launched in 2015 in partnership with Swades Foundation while the other two verticals will be initiated in 2016 in partnership with other NGOs.
The focus of the HSBC Skills for Life programme in partnership with Swades is to enable at least 30,000 disadvantaged youth to become employable and enter and sustain employment and enterprise opportunities in India in the next 5 years through skill development.
For 2016, the programme has ear-marked INR 8 crore to be disbursed as grants to NGOs for projects that skill youth and link them to employment or entrepreneurship opportunities.
2016 funding cycle
To be eligible to apply for this grant, the organisation
• Must be a registered not for profit entity in India (Society, Trust or a Section-25/
• Have a valid FCRA registration
• Have a valid 80G tax exemption certificate
• Have annual reports for the last 3 years and audited financial statements for the last
• Does not have any pending criminal/ FCRA cases against it in court
• Have at least a three year track record of implementing skills building projects or have
been working with disadvantaged youth
• Have filed Income Tax Returns for the last 3 years
And the proposal submitted
• Must benefit disadvantaged youth, defined as,
• Age and gender: Young men and women between 15 – 25 years
(this outer limit will be relaxed by 10 years for youth with disabilities)
• Economic profile: Is classified as (a) BPL (below poverty line) by government
of India and/ or (b) belongs to a household with an annual household income of
less than INR 2,00,000 per annum
• Location: situated in urban or rural areas
• Education/ experience profile: is either in school or out of school, but
currently neither in formal employment (excluding self-employment) or training.
Young men and women who are self- employed will be eligible provided they fall
in the socio-economic profile defined above.
• Should be of a duration of 12 to 18 months.
• Must be of a budget of a minimum of INR 25 lakh and a maximum of INR 60 lakh.
The total budget requested should not exceed 20% of the organisation’s income in the
• Expenses towards capital/ infrastructure costs should not be towards the construction
of buildings and the purchase of land or property.
• Administration costs should not exceed 10% of the budget requested
• Proposal should focus on linkages with industry for training and placement
• Proposal should demonstrate standardisation to national standards in terms of curriculum.
Please check the eligibility criteria to ensure that your organisation is eligible to apply for grant from HSBC Skills for Life.
Please download the ‘Application Pack’ from here. The pack contains the instructions and the relevant formats to be completed for submission. Make sure you have all the supporting documents available in soft copy before you proceed with the submission of application.
You can submit your application either ONLINE or BY EMAIL
To apply online, please use the below link
OR to apply by email, send in your application along with all supporting documents to email@example.com with a subject line “2016 Grant Application – [mention the state you are applying from]”
2016 Grant Application closes 31st January 2016
For More Information: