Application Deadline- 28th February 2019
Imagine Europe is an idea contest inviting everyone (all ages & nationalities) to present their vision of Europe in 2050 in a short written and video-recorded pitch.
Imagine Europe aims to encourage persons of all ages:
- to reflect on possible solutions to issues of high concern to Europe and the world community;
- to contribute to the future development of the European Union
- to communicate their ideas in powerful ways in order to inspire an increasing number of people to participate in the European Public Sphere.
Imagine Europe further aims to:
- contribute to the strengthening of the European public sphere which can help to protect and foster our common good;
- strengthen the link between citizens and decision-making structures;
- foster young people’s interest in the debates at the European Parliament;
- motivate participants to strengthen their awareness of important social achievements by their predecessors and to become familiar with important European and world literature;
- give young people the opportunity to practice their writing, rhetorical and presentation skills.
At least 5 participants will win 500 € each and will be invited to an international workshop with European decision-makers and change-makers (travel, accommodation and subsistence costs covered). The dates of the international workshop(s) will be set in accordance with winner’s availabilities. Winners will be determined through public, Jury and online voting.
- Online voting counts for 20%
- Public Voting will take place in different cities in Europe
and will count for 40%
- Jury Voting will count for 40%
Participation Deadline: 28th February 2019
How to participate?
1. Write a pitch of up to 500 words on the topic “My vision of Europe in 2050”
- Take a look at our Tips & Tricks section before you start!
- Your speech may be in any language. In case your chosen language is not English, please provide subtitles in your video or ask us for help
2. Record your pitch in video-format. You may decide to either appear yourself in front of the camera, ask another person to perform your pitch, or have your pitch delivered as a voiceover and use other video footage to illustrate your ideas. Your video may be max. 3 min. in length.
3. Submit your written & recorded pitch h
In case you added subtitles to your video, please send us one version with sub-titles and one without!
For More Information: