Application Deadline: 15:00 December 15, 2015 (JST)
The India-Japan Education Program (IJEP) is a collaborative industry-academia-government linking effort that was adopted by at the University of Tokyo as part of the Re-Inventing Japan Project (The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology of Japan) in 2014 .
The IJEP Internship Program, organized by the School of Engineering and the School of Information Science and Technology, provides research internships for students from collaborative Indian institutions in the fields of railway technology, social infrastructure systems, innovation, technology management, and information science. The candidates of the internship are expected to have a strong interest in pursuing graduate level studies at the University of Tokyo.
IJEP Internship Program applicants must:
- Be full-time students enrolled in one of IJEP collaborating institutions (IIT Kanpur, Kharagpur, Hyderabad, Delhi, Madras and Indian Institute of Management Bangalore)
- Bachelor students should have completed at least three full years in a bachelor’s degree program by the beginning of the internship, and master’s students should have the bachelor degree in engineering
- Have a strong record of academic performance
Between May 1, 2016 –July 31, 2016 (Minimum 62 days)
- Stipend: JPY 240,000 (JASSO scholarship)
- Travel Allowance: Round-trip flight ticket from the nearest airport in India to Tokyo
- Although IJEP will endeavor to accommodate students with university lodging, housing should be arranged by the participating students. The payment for the housing shall be the responsibility of the participating students.
- The programl adopts the online application system T-cens (https://t-cens.iapply.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/t-cens_sp/login.php). The applicant is asked to create an account in T-cens system, then fill the application form and submit the required files online. The applicant should prepare the below files for submission through T-cens system.
o Personal statement (Download)
o Letter of Recommendation issued by applicant’s supervising faculty member (Download)
o Scanned copy of latest Academic Transcripts (including both terms from the previous academic year); Master’s student should also submit the bachelor’s academic transcript
For More Information: