Application Deadline: 31st January 2016
The India Science and Research Fellowship (ISRF) aims at providing opportunities to researchers
and scientists from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal and Sri Lanka to undertake R&D at premier research and academic institutions in India
India Science and Research Fellowship is to provide opportunity to scientists and researchers from
neighbouring countries namely Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal and Sri Lanka to work in contemporary research areas across all major disciplines of science and technology including engineering and medical sciences at premier research laboratories and academic institutions in India.
Up to 42 fellowships (for all countries) will be awarded annually under this scheme. The fellowship applications will be considered once a year by a Selection Committee.
- Applicant should be a citizen/permanent resident of the Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka.
- The applicant should be actively engaged in research at a University or research institution in their country in various areas of science and technology including engineering and medical sciences.
- Minimum Qualifications: Ph.D /M.Tech /M.Sc/MBBS with 3-5 years research or teaching experience
- Must be below 45 years of age (as on 31st December of the previous year of selection)
- The applicant should posses a valid passport
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India
- Enable to undertake cutting edge research work in India
- Open to faculty, scientists and researchers in science, engineering and medicine
- Monthly sustenance allowance and one time contingency grant
- Return airfare
TYPE AND DURATION OF FELLOWSHIP OFFERED:
Visiting Fellowship: for durations between 3 to 6 months
Value of Award:
- Rs. 50,000/- per month which includes accommodation Contingency grant to Fellow Scientist:
- Rs. 10,000/- as one time contingency grant. Contingency research grant for host scientist (through institution):
- Rs. 20,000/- as one time grant
- Round trip air ticket by economy class from the place of employment in their own country to the Indian host institute, through shortest route. Local transport by Road / rail between the nearest airport and the host institute in India.
- Will be reimburse
How to Apply:
- Researchers/scientists actively engaged in research at a university or research institution meeting the eligibility criteria should apply using prescribed format (can be downloaded from the websites www.cics.tn.nic.in; www.dst.gov.in) to respective implementing agency in partner country (if available) or CICS, Chennai.
- If the respective implementing agency in partner country is not available, Applications may be submitted as hard copy or scan copy with supporting documents,
Hard Copy to:
The Director Centre for International Co-operation in Science(CICS)
No:2, Gandhi Mandapam Road, Chennai–600025
Soft Copy to:
Email : email@example.com
- The last date for receipt of the applications is 31st January 2016. No application submitted beyond the deadline will be accepte