Application Deadline: 31st January 2018
India Science and Research Fellowship (ISRF) is to provide opportunity to scientists from developing countries of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal and Sri Lanka to work in advanced research areas in all major disciplines of science and technology including engineering and medical sciences at premier research laboratories in India.
The Fellowship is for researchers holding permanent positions in their Countries (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal and Sri Lanka), who are actively involved in research activities to visit India under the ISRF Programme for pursuing research for a period of 3 – 6 months. The Fellowship is supported by the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India.
The Fellowship application will be scrutinized once a year by a Selection Committee. The Fellowship covers return airfare, sustenance allowanace (including accommodation), contingency grant to the fellow and contingency grant for host scientist (through Institution) for providing laboratory facilities and infrastructure.
- Enable to undertake cutting edge research work in India
- Open to faculty, scientists,researchers and Ph.D students in science, engineering and medicine
- Monthly sustenance allowance and one time contingency grant
- Return airfare
- Applicant should be a citizen/permanent resident of Afghanistan,Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
- The applicant should be actively engaged in research at a University or research institution in their country in various areas of science and technology including engineering and medical sciences.
- Rs. 50,000/-per month which includes accommodation Contingency grant to Fellow Scientist:
- Rs. 10,000/-as one time contingency grant. Contingency research grant for host scientist (through institution):
- Rs. 20,000/-as one time grant
- Round trip air ticket by economy class from the place of employment in their own country to the Indian host institute, through shortest route. Local transport by road / rail between the nearest airport and the host institute in India.
How to Apply:
- Researchers/scientists actively engaged in research and students registered for Ph.D at a University or research institution meeting the eligibility criteria should apply using prescribed format (can be downloaded from the websites www.cics.tn.nic.in; www.dst.gov.in) to respective implementing agency in partner country (if available) or CICS, Chennai.
- If the respective implementing agency in partner country is not available, Applications may be submitted as hard copy or scan copy with supporting documents,
For More Information: