The INDIGO young scientist competition gives young researchers from India and the EU the opportunity to promote their research projects and ideas for cooperation by introducing them to the EU-India STI cooperation network at the 2016 EU-India cooperation days in Goa, India on the 21st and 22nd of September.
The young scientist competition of the year is an initiative of the FP7 projects: INNO INDIGO and INDIGO POLICY. It was initiated in 2014 with the aim of giving young researchers from India and Europe a suitable podium to promote their research projects and ideas for cooperation (between India and Europe).
Through such a competition, young scientists gain enormous exposure not only from their peers on social media platforms, but also from the scientific community as the final decision on the winner is taken by the audience of EU-India STI Days which gathers annually since 2009 to promote scientific cooperation between the two scientific hubs, after presentations of projects and project ideas by the finalists.
- The competition is open for all India and EU based PhD students and early career researchers, who work on the field of bio-economy, biotechnology and bio-based energy.
- The applicants are invited to submit their ideas for scientific and/or innovative projects or their existing projects, which aim to address a global or societal challenge pertinent to research cooperation between EU and India in the field of bio-economy, biotechnology or bio-based energy.
- These projects or project ideas need to be innovative, showing an open-mindedness and refined approach to solving societal challenges.
- Based on a selection by a scientific evaluation panel, 6 young scientists will be invited to participate in the EU-India STI cooperation days 2016.
- From these shortlisted applicants, the INDIGO Facebook fans will select four finalists who will vie for the title of the young scientist of the year 2016 by presenting their ideas in front of the EU-India STI days audience.
- The winner will be awarded a fully covered trip to a scientific conference of their choice in Europe or in India.
- Their travel, accommodation and registration costs will be covered.
E-Mail: Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information: