Application Deadline: 31st July 2017.
Infiniti is pleased to announce the fifth Design Contest reserved for designers under the age of 35.
- The theme of “sustainability” has become increasingly important, not only in industrial production, but also in everyday life. Through its own culture of design Infiniti is launching a challenge: the design of a couple of products made entirely from wood, eco-sustainable and 100% recyclable. chair + stool or armchair + table. Projects must minimise or possibly eliminate the use of alternative elements such as metalware, accessories or screws, and must minimise the waste of materials as well as space.
- The Contest aims to focus on objects which are not only recyclable, but which can also be optimised in terms of volume when disassembled, to minimise shipment bulk.
- The competition is open to all young designers, creative professionals and students from Italy and abroad, born after 01/01/1982.
- Each participant can submit more than one project.
- Group participation is also permitted, in which case a spokesperson must be identified.
- In order to participate in the competition, you must accept this call for applications and the free transfer of reproduction and publication rights of submitted projects, for the purposes of the competition.
- At least 3 renderings must be submitted in .jpg or .pdf format, 3500×2500 pixels in size and containing the participant’s name as well as project title, corresponding to the one specified on the application form.
- A brief report explaining the project’s concept and characteristics, with reference to the aims of the contest. Requested materials must be uploaded in the dedicated section at www.infinitidesign.it within the established project submission deadline.
JURY AND ASSESSMENT CRITERIA
A qualified jury shall issue a final verdict, select the best submitted projects as well as an absolute winner. Projects shall be assessed based on their fulfilment of the subject of the contest and their degree of feasibility.
- There shall be a sole winner of the contest, who shall receive a prize of 5,000.00 Euros.
- Infiniti reserves the right to build a prototype of the winning project and possibly start its production. The economic relationship with its designer shall be determined in a specific contract.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: