Application Deadline: January 15th 2017
This Scheme is instituted by the Lady Tata Memorial Trust (LTMT) to recognize and reward young Indian scientists with outstanding track record in biological sciences, a deep commitment to find innovative solutions to major problems related to human diseases and potential for high quality research. Applicants should have publications in well recognized peer reviewed journals of repute and contributed to knowledge generation that has created significant impact in the field of translational possibilities. The applicant should also highlight prestigious award(s) and other recognitions such as Award(s) of major academies / societies.
The aim is to reward Young Researchers (< 40 years) who have displayed a potential for high quality research.
All areas of Life Sciences and Biotechnology related to human diseases will be covered by this Award.
- i) The Award is open to Indian Nationals, residing in India, who are below the age of 40 years as on 31st March 2017.
- The applicant should possess a Ph.D. degree in any Biological Science or a Master’s degree in Medical Sciences, or an equivalent degree in Biotechnology related areas. The applicant must have at least 4 years’ professional experience in the specific area after obtaining the above degree.
- The candidate must have a regular position in a University / Organization / Institute in India. He/she should be engaged in research and development and have publications arising from research done as an independent investigator in India. The awardee will be eligible for regular research grants through extramural and other research schemes of various S & T agencies of the Government of India.
ABOUT THE AWARD :
- The amount of the Award will be 25,000/- per month in addition to regular salary from the host institute.
- In addition, the Young Researcher will receive a contingency grant of 5.00 lakhs per annum for meeting the expenses on consumables, minor equipment, international and domestic travel, manpower and other contingent expenditure to be incurred in connection with the implementation of research project under the Award.
The duration of the Award will be initially for three years, extendable further by two years, on a review by the Trust’s Experts’ Committee.
PROCESSING FEE :
A Money Order of Rs.500/- being Processing Fee (non-refundable) should be forwarded in favour of the Lady Tata Memorial Trust, and the original postal receipt of the same should be scanned and forwarded along with the online application form.
Please note that :-
The candidate must forward the application through the Director of a recognised Research Institute or Laboratory where he / she proposes to work.
The application should be addressed to The Secretary, Lady Tata Memorial Trust, Bombay House, 24 Homi Mody Street, Mumbai 400 001, and submitted not later than 15th January 2017.
The selected applicants will be called for an interview in the middle / third week of March/April 2017 and based on personal interview, one young researcher will be awarded and announced by the end of March/April 2017. The selected Researcher will be required to commence research effective 1st April/May 2017.
For More Information: