Application Deadline: Wednesday 25th January 2017
The L’Oréal-UNESCO UK and Ireland Fellowships For Women in Science are awards offered by a partnership between L’Oréal UK & Ireland, the UK National Commission for UNESCO and the Irish National Commission for UNESCO, with the support of the Royal Society, to promote, enhance and encourage the contribution of women pursuing their research careers in the UK or Ireland in the fields of the life and physical sciences.
The National Fellowships are offered under the umbrella of the L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science Programme, which has promoted women in scientific research on a global scale since 1998.
Five Fellowships will be awarded in 2017 to outstanding women scientists in the early stages of their career to facilitate promising scientific research. The Fellowships are tenable at any UK or Irish university or research institute to support a 12-month period of early career research in any area of life, physical and computer sciences, engineering and mathematics.
- Candidates must be female early career researchers who have already been awarded their research doctorate in the fields of life, physical and computer sciences, engineering and mathematics.
- Candidates must have no more than 10 years’ active full-time equivalent postdoctoral experience (discounting career breaks, but including teaching experience and/or time spent in industry).
- Candidates must not currently hold a permanent academic post, or have ever held a permanent academic post in the past, or have received, before the start date of the award, the promise of a permanent academic post.
- Candidates must be undertaking research in the life or physical sciences, computer science, engineering, mathematics. Psychology, science education and social sciences are not eligible for this Fellowship.
- Candidates must be conducting their research at a UK or Irish university or research institute.
- Candidates can be citizens of any country. However, applicants must already have a confirmed contract covering the 12-month period of the Fellowship at a University or Research Institute within the UK or Ireland.
- Applicants must already be residing within the UK or Ireland at the time of application.
2017 Fellowship Interviews and Awards Ceremony will be held in London on 3rd and 4th May 2017. Successful candidates must take up the Fellowship within 6 months of the announcement of the award. The offer will otherwise lapse. Only in exceptional circumstances will a later start date be considered.
- Applications close: Wednesday 25th January 2017
Shortlist published: Monday 10th April 2017
Awards Ceremony: Thursday 4th May 2017
For More Information: