Application Deadline: 15th July 2015
The Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme (MTCP) – Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Masters Scholarship 2015 is an initiative by the Malaysian Government as part of Malaysia’s ASEAN Chairmanship 2015.
This scholarship aims to support the theme “Towards a People-Centered ASEAN” of Malaysia’s ASEAN Chairmanship 2015, in line with MTCP’s main objective which lies under its philosophy that human resource development is vital catalyst for countries to achieve sustainable economic and social development.
Citizens of ASEAN Member States (Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Lao PDR, Brunei, Singapore, Thailand, Myanmar, Vietnam and Cambodia) with excellent academic records and outstanding co-curricular backgrounds are welcomed to apply for this scholarship and further their studies in selected and well-established Malaysian public universities. This scholarship is only offered at the Postgraduate Masters Studies.
To be eligible for MTCP-ASEAN Masters Scholarship 2015, applicants must fit the following criteria:-
- Not be more than 45 years of age during application.
- Obtained a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0 at Bachelor Degree Level for Masters Degree applicants
- Took one of the following English Language Proficiency Test not more than two years before the date of application. The list of tests and minimum scores required:
- IELTS Academic Test with a score of at least 6.5; or
- TOEFL paper-based test with a score of at least 580 or computer-based test with a score of at least 230 or internet-based test with a score at least 92.
- In excellent health condition and certified by a Certified Doctor/Medical Professional. The cost of medical examination is to be borne by the applicants.
- Wrote a proposal that is relevant to the field of studies.
- Has applied for and gained admission to postgraduate studies in Malaysia (conditional letters of offer will be accepted at the time of application or has a confirmation of acceptance or affiliation with the Universities in Malaysia).
Each scholarship consists of:-
- Air tickets from recipient’s capital city to Malaysia
- An approved tuition fees
- Monthly maintenance allowance
- Annual grant for books and internal travel
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Installation and Termination grant
- Thesis allowance
Fields of Study:
Field of studies is in the following priority areas:
- Project Management
- International Relations
- Public Policy
- Agriculture and Fisheries
- Islamic Studies
For More Information: