The Fellowships are an ideal opportunity for staff who are developing potential policy-related impact linked to an evidence base in their research findings. The fellowships offer staff access to funding of up to £9000 to cover the costs of a placement with an external organisation that can help to accelerate policy impact. The funding can be spent on accommodation, transport, living allowances and any consumables and materials associated with the placement. It cannot be used to buy-out teaching time. Organisations can include government departments (international, national or local), think tanks, charities, businesses –as long as they can help to accelerate the policy impact then we will consider them.
- Theoretically any member of academic staff. But in practice we are looking for established or establishing researchers with a proven track record of high quality research with the potential to translate into policy impact.
How many fellowships are there available?
- We are looking to fund 4 x fellowships each year for the next three years.
How long are the fellowships?
- We can be flexible on the duration and scope of the fellowship within reason but we are expecting a fellowship to be anything from 4–12 weeks.
- Ordinarily we would expect a commitment of some time to be spent with an external organisation in a single block but we are happy to discuss individual requirements.
- The first step is to have a think about your research–its potential policy impact and the organisations that you think would help you to take this forward.
- Contact Emily Goodier (email@example.com) with a brief summary of your research, evidence and proposed policy impact.
- Should we feel your research is suited to the Fellowship, an application form will be sent to you for completion.
- Once you have completed the form then send it to Emily who will arrange for a member of the MetroPolis management team to review it.
- Following this review there will be an opportunity to have a detailed discussion with a member of the team who will make a recommendation from there.
- As part of the process you may be invited to address the wider MetroPolis team about your application.