Application Deadline: June 14th 2016
MRT Young Entrepreneurs Programme (MYEP) is a programme pledged by Mass Rapid Transit Corporation Sdn Bhd (MRT Corp), Perbadanan Usahawan Nasional Berhad (PUNB) and Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB) Malaysia which will see fresh Bumiputera graduates become Young Contractors.
The selected participants will undergo intensive and hands-on training for a year where they will acquire the necessary skills and knowledge to become entrepreneurs in the construction industry.
During the training period, assessments/evaluations will be conducted and successful candidates will need to form companies with assistance from CIDB/PUNB to vie for contracts which are under the MRT Project.
The first batch of MYEP was recruited in 2013 in conjuction with the construction of the MRT Sungai Buloh-Kajang (SBK) Line. 14 participants graduated and they formed 13 companies which were subsequently awarded contracts by the Work Package Contractors (WPC) of the SBK Line.
60 young graduates will be selected for the second batch, MYEP2.
- To provide job opportunities for potential graduates with technical background in technical related business venture
- To provide business experience and project implementation exposure to intended participants
- To strategise Bumiputera’s involvement in government initiated project
- To give opportunities to venture into construction industry
- Open to former ‘Siswazah Perintis’ and active ‘Siswazah Entrepreneur’
- Maximum number of graduates per project group (company) is 3 individuals
- A company has to be set up as sole proprietor, partnership or private limited company
- Minimum academic qualification required is diploma level