The MEEES programme is an Erasmus Mundus Masters Course, that aims to provide higher-level education in the field of Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Seismology. Graduate students involved in this Erasmus Mundus Masters course have the possibility of following a 18-month MSc programmes on either Earthquake Engineering or Engineering Seismology.
In addition, the proposed EM Masters course envisages also the possibility of students following a 18-month study programme that leads to the attainment of a Masters degree on Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Seismology.
The MEEES consortium comprises four academic institutions, namely
(i) the Institute for Advanced Study of Pavia (IUSS),
(ii) the University of Patras,
(iii) the University of Grenoble 1 “Joseph Fourier” and
(iv) the Middle East Technical University.
It is noted that the first institution runs the postgraduate earthquake engineering programme in Pavia, through the Centre for Post-Graduate Training and Research in Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Seismology (ROSE School).
Interested applicants are asked to enter their email address on the Application start page (MEEES on-line application).
In order to complete the application form you must upload the following documents (see Application Requirements for more detailed instructions):
- Curriculum vitae et studiorum
- copy of the diploma certificate (in English)
- transcript of the attended courses and professional qualifications (in English)
- copy of the passport or the identity card
- English language test certificate (or waiver referring to previous courses, work experience in English speaking countries, etc…)
In addition, applicants are asked to:
- choose in the application form the type of desired MSc curriculum (EE, ES, EEES)
- indicate how they propose to finance themselves (see Available Scholarships for detailed info)
- define a Mobility Path (including host institutions chosen among Pavia-UME, Grenoble, Patras, METU)
- create the Study Plan consisting in the taught modules courses to be followed.
Several types of scholarships are available within the MEEES programme.
- Partner Country scholarships (formerly Cat A) are available to Partner Country applicants. The deadline for application is February 2, 2015 at 13:00 (1:00 PM) CET.
- Programme Country scholarships (formerly Cat B) are available to Programme Country applicants. The deadline for application is February 2, 2015 at 13:00 (1:00 PM) CET.
- Consortium scholarships are available to applicants of any nationality. The deadline for application is April 27, 2015 at 13:00 (1:00 PM) CET.
For More Information: