Application Deadline: June 30th 2016
MEDIMED, the Euro-Mediterranean Documentary Market and Pitching Forum, will be held from 13-16 October 2016 in Sitges, Spain.
MEDIMED offers extensive marketplace opportunities:
- The Pitching Forum, focused on a slate of 30 pre-selected projects, which benefit from 14-minute public presentations;
- The Speedy Pitch, which gives producers with a seedling project the chance to have individual, ten-minute meetings with decision makers (25 projects maximum);
- The ANTI-Pitch, an innovative format that breaks the traditional rules of formal pitching events: ten projects at an advanced stage of production participate in 60-minute, informal group discussions in order to better reach an international audience;
- The multi-booth, digitised vidéothèque, a space where information about all of the films is available and where buyers can view the MEDIMED 500-film catalogue;
- One-on-one meetings, pre-scheduled in order to conclude deals or plan further sales meetings.
For its 17th edition, MEDIMED is calling for entries of new documentary projects in development; they must have a minimum of 25% of their budget in place and/or a broadcast guarantee or co-production agreement. The event is looking for European and Southern Mediterranean producers and filmmakers who can provide independently produced documentaries, projects that take creative risks, advance certain issues and present points of view not often seen on television.
The selected projects will be pitched at the central Pitching Forum or within the newly designed ANTI-Pitch programme. The goal is to help documentary projects find the necessary financial and production resources and a narrative editorial line to complete the project.
MEDIMED is also looking for finished European documentary productions of any genre produced in 2015 or 2016.
Please click here to submit your completed documentary.
Submission is free of charge.
For More Information: