Milena Jesenská Fellowship Program 2017 for European journalists.
Application Deadline: February 6, 2017
The Milena Jesenská Fellowship Program offers European journalists time off from their professional duties in order to pursue in-depth research on a topic of their choice.
The call is directed towards cultural journalists, with the term “cultural” being interpreted in a broad sense to encompass a wide variety of intellectual and artistic fields. However, applicants’ work may also deal with societal issues of European relevance and be related to one of IWM’s main research fields.
- Milena Jesenská Fellowships are intended as an award for excellence and are directed towards experienced European journalists (including Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Turkey).
- Applicants must have worked in print, broadcast or online journalism for several years and must have an outstanding professional record.
- Applications by entry-level journalists or students will be rejected.
- During the next fellowship term (July 2017 – June 2018) four fellows are invited to spend three months each at the IWM in Vienna, Austria.
- They will receive a stipend of EUR 2,500 per month. In addition, the IWM provides them with an office including access to internet, administrative and research facilities as well as other services free of charge.
- Travel grants of up to EUR 1,900 can be paid for project-related research trips.
Applications have to be submitted via the online application form including:
- a concise project proposal in English (max. 8,000 characters incl. spaces) with a description of the intended outcome (book, article(s), film, TV or radio broadcast etc.)
- a curriculum vitae
- a list of publications
Please submit all your application materials as PDF files!
For More Information: