Application Deadline: 15 January 2016
The EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation proposes a 6 month in-house fellowship scheme in Japan, designed to support its research and policy analysis of EU-Japan economic and industrial issues. The Research Fellow will undertake research work on a selected priority topic of the Centre, which should result in a consistent policy report (70-100 pages), to be owned by the Centre.
Apart from research on a pre-determined topic, the Research Fellow will be expected to support the daily analytical activities of the Centre, including media monitoring, policy briefings, seminar reports, etc.
- This fellowship is addressed to EU+ (*) and Japanese professionals (trade and economic analysts, academics, scientists, civil servants) with a proven interest in Japan and EU-Japan cooperation from multiple perspectives (trade/market access, industrial policy issues, R&D, etc…).
- Minimum requirements: EU+ (*) or Japanese citizenship, university degree, strong interest and motivation in Japan and EU-Japan relations.
- The following elements will constitute an advantage in the selection process: previous professional experience with Japan, an already advanced study/research on one of the priority topics, Japanese language abilities.
(*) EU+ includes: EU, Montenegro, Turkey, FYROM, Iceland, Moldova.
The fellowship is worth 1700 EUR/month (paid in JPY) and covers a period of 6 months:
The fellowship is expected to cover basic daily expenses and accommodation in Tokyo. A Research Fellow selected from outside Japan, will receive an additional travel subsidy of up to 1000 EUR.
Insurance: the Research Fellow shall take out a personal insurance policy for the whole duration of the Fellowship to cover:
- Personal health,
- Accident insurance,
- Third-party liability (private life): insurance against the loss of, or damage to, his/her personal property, and insurance against any injury, loss or damage suffered by a third person for which the Participant is personally liable.
This policy shall be taken out prior to the beginning of the fellowship.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
The candidates should specify the slot for which they are applying.
Application documents to be submitted: CV, Covering Letter, Research Topic-Research Plan (1-2 A4 pages).
Deadline for Applications
- October 2015 – March 2016 slot –> deadline to apply: passed
- April 2016 – September 2016 slot –> deadline to apply: 15 January 2016
The application materials and eventual requests for clarification should be sent electronically to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information: