Ministry of Science & Technology Department of Science & Technology SwarnaJayanti Fellowships 2016-17 for Indian Nationals.
Application Deadline: April 15th, 2017.
Government of India had instituted a scheme titled “SwarnaJayanti Fellowships” to commemorate India’s fiftieth year of Independence. Under this scheme a selected number of young scientists, with excellent track record, are provided special assistance and support to enable them to pursue research in frontier areas of science and technology.
The fellowship is scientist specific and not institution specific, very selective and has close academic monitoring.
NATURE OF SUPPORT:
- The support will cover all the requirements for performing the research
and will include a fellowship of Rs. 25,000/- per month for five years. The fellowship will be provided in addition to the salary they draw from their parent Institution. In addition to fellowship, grants for equipments, computational facilities, consumables, contingencies, national and international travel and other special requirements, if any, will be covered based on merit.
- Scientists selected for the award will be allowed to pursue unfettered research with a freedom and flexibility in terms of expenditure as approved in the research plan.
- The project should contain innovative research idea and it should have a potential of making impact on R&D in the discipline.
The duration of the fellowship will be for a period not exceeding five years.
- The applicant should possess Ph.D in Science/ Engineering/ Medicine and should not be drawing Fellowship from any other Scheme of GOI.
- Scientists should be active in the frontier area of science and engineering with outstanding contributions in the form of research publications and/ or patents, peer recognition from scientific community, awards etc. in his/ her area of research.
- The fellowship is open to Indian Nationals having a regular position in a recognized Indian academic/research organization.
- The organization/institute should also undertake financial and other management
responsibilities of the project throughout the five year term in case fellowship is awarded to the scientist.
AGE ELIGIBILITY: The fellowship is open to scientists between 30 to 40 years of
age as on December 31, 2016. Applications from candidates who have completed
40 year of age as on or before 31.12.2016 will not be considered.
- The selection procedure will include consideration at various stages.
- The Department constitutes a Subject Committee which screens applications received and calls the screened in applicants for presentation.
- The candidates shortlisted after presentation by the Subject Committees will have to make presentation to the National Core Committee of Experts which gives its final recommendations. An Empowered Committee of Secretaries will make the final selection based on the recommendation of National Core Committee.
- Applications for the “SwarnaJayanti Fellowships” are invited from eligible
candidates in the format given below.
- The candidates may be required to submit further additional information as required and present the project idea before final selection. Only one hard copy
duly forwarded and one soft copy of the complete application (to be sent over email in pdf format as a single file without annexures) in the prescribed format along with the project document should be submitted to:
Jacob V. V.
Department of Science & Technology,
Technology Bhawan, New Mehrauli Road,
New Delhi – 110 016.
The last date for submission of applications is April 15th, 2017.
For More Information: