Submission Deadline: Friday, November 4, 2016
Are you interested in international relations and NATO? If so, there’s a perfect opportunity for you: The NATO Association of Canada’s 2016 Essay Competition. The competition is open for all high schools students in Canada.
Essay Question for Secondary School Students (Grades 9 & 10)
Please provide a 200-300 words response to the following question:
- From cybersecurity concerns to terrorist attacks, global warming, and the most recent refugee crisis, what do you believe to be the biggest threat to Canadian security over the next few years? Explain.
Essay Question for High School Students (Grades 11 & 12)
Please provide a 500-800 words response to the following question:
“For NATO members sharing a border with Russia, such as the Baltic states, Russian aggression has become a major concern. What should the Alliance do to cope with this emerging threat?”
- The top three essays in each category will be expert reviewed and published in the NATO Association of Canada’s online publication.
- If you’re interested in a career in academia, journalism, or public policy, having your own essay expert reviewed is an invaluable experience. Interaction with NATO Association of Canada editors will also help foster the paper-writing skills necessary for university coursework.
- In addition, having an article posted on a distinguished publication, like the NATO Association of Canada’s, will help you stand out in a job interview or university application.
In each category, the top contestant will receive $200, the second will receive $100 and all three first ones will receive:
- Free memberships in the NATO Association for one year.
- Their own profile sections on the NATO Association website.
- Certificates of achievement.
- To enter the competition, simply fill out the form and submit your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 pm EST on November 4, 2016. And be prepared, you might see your name in the headlines!
For More Information: