Application Deadline: March 14th 2019
The Asia New Zealand Foundation and the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade offers six-to-eight young Southeast Asian technology entrepreneurs and business leaders the chance to visit New Zealand. The week-long programme will give participants an understanding of New Zealand’s tech sector and allow them to attend Techweek 19 in Auckland.
- aged under 40
- able to demonstrate leadership in their field
- be competent English language speakers
- entrepreneurs or business leaders at CEO or senior management level involved in tech from one of the ten ASEAN nations.
Outstanding start-up entrepreneurs or emerging entrepreneurs will also be considered. No knowledge or experience of New Zealand is required.
- be based in and have citizenship of one of the ten ASEAN member countries
- be interested in connecting with equivalents from other countries to explore international business opportunities
- be confident public speakers willing to engage in dialogue with entrepreneurs from other countries
- be willing to contribute to the relationship between New Zealand and ASEAN.
Successful applicants will meet New Zealand technology entrepreneurs and business leaders, develop greater knowledge of the tech sector within New Zealand, and explore ways to collaborate with entrepreneurs from New Zealand.
Successful applicants will attend New Zealand’s leading tech event, Techweek 19, as well as connect with past Kiwi YBLI’s and members of the Foundation’s Leadership Network.
During the trip you will:
- learn about the New Zealand business environment, specifically with regards to tech
- meet and network with entrepreneurs and business leaders in Auckland and possibly one other location
- meet with government officials from New Zealand and ASEAN
- connect with the Asia New Zealand Foundation’s Leadership Network, a network of New Zealand’s top young leaders
- lean about New Zealand culture
- attend Techweek 19.
The Foundation will work with the New Zealand diplomatic posts in ASEAN to deliver the programme.
Applications close 14 March.
For More Information: