North America Google Policy Fellowship 2018 for students interested in emerging technology policy issues ( USD 7,500 stipend)
Application Deadline: 12.00 midnight ET, Tuesday, March 20th.
Applications are now open for the 2018 North America Google Policy Fellowship, a paid fellowship that will connect students interested in emerging technology policy issues with leading nonprofits, think tanks and advocacy groups in Washington, DC, and California.
The Google Policy Fellowship program offers undergraduate, graduate, and law students interested in Internet and technology policy the opportunity to spend the summer contributing to the public dialogue on these issues, and exploring future academic and professional interests.
Fellows will have the opportunity to work at public interest organizations at the forefront of debates on broadband and access policy, content regulation, copyright and creativity, consumer privacy, open government, government surveillance, data security, data innovation, free expression and more. More information about the host organizations and the areas of focus for the fellows is outlined here.
Fellows will be assigned a lead mentor at their host organizations and will have the opportunity to work with several senior staff members over the course of the summer. Fellows will be expected to make substantive contributions to the work of their organization, including conducting policy research and analysis, drafting reports and white papers, attending government and industry meetings and conferences, and participating in other advocacy activities.
looking for students who are passionate about technology, and want to spend the summer diving headfirst into Internet policy. Students from all majors and degree programs who possess the following qualities are encouraged to apply:
- Demonstrated or stated commitment to Internet and technology policy
- Excellent academic record, professional/extracurricular/volunteer activities, subject matter expertise
- First-rate analytical, communications, research, and writing skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently, and to work smartly and resourcefully in a fast-paced environment
Fellows will receive a stipend of USD 7,500 in 2018.
- Deadlines for applications to the U.S. Fellowship Program is 12.00 midnight ET, Tuesday, March 20th. Start date will be June 5th and end date will be August 11th. If selected, you can work with the individual host organizations to adjust start and completion dates.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the 2018 North America Google Policy Fellowship