Application Deadline: June 10th 2015
Non-Profit Technology Network is recruiting and training 16 emerging community leaders in eight Google Fiber communities.
In partnership with Google Fiber, NTEN launching the Digital Inclusion Fellowship. The Digital Inclusion Fellowship will pair 16 individuals with local community organizations in the eight Google Fiber metro areas – Atlanta, Austin, Charlotte, Kansas City, Nashville, Provo, Raleigh-Durham, and Salt Lake City – where they’ll spend a year expanding, designing, or building digital inclusion programs.
- All Fellows will have full-time, salaried positions at $33,000, with benefits including health care and vacation, and be employees of the City Host organization
- Applicants can apply for all listed Fellowships in their local city
- You select the City Host and specific project by applying to a Fellowship position (each position is listed and has application details separately)
- Each Fellowship project is based on the City Host mission, local community needs, and opportunities for impact, based on three general areas of work including digital literacy training, awareness and adoption, and training new trainers
- Each city has its own unique set of challenges when it comes to bridging the digital divide.
- Fellows who have strong roots in their community and who can create programs specifically tailored to their city’s needs.
- In general, Fellows should be passionate about helping their local underserved communities, have excellent communication skills, and have 5-7 years of experience working with nonprofits or community organizations.
- Applications are open now through June 10, 2015
- Interviews will start as applications come in and continue through June 26, 2015
- All notifications will be made by June 29, 2015
- All Fellows will participate in a week-long orientation and training program in Mountain View, CA starting July 13, 2015
- Fellowships will run from July 2015 – June 2016
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are open now through June 10, 2015; the applications will be reviewed and interviews scheduled as they are received. Fellowship positions are open in the following metro regions:
- Georgia – Atlanta
- Missouri – Kansas City
- North Carolina – Charlotte
- North Carolina – Raleigh
- North Carolina – Durham
- Tennessee – Nashville
- Texas – Austin
- Utah – Provo
- Utah – Salt Lake City
For More Information: