Oculus want to match ten rising filmmakers with ten nonprofits to tell their stories through VR. Selected filmmakers will have the opportunity to attend the Bootcamp and then create incredible 360 films and bring a variety of social missions to life. To help jumpstart the project, we’ll provide winners with opportunities to get resources, like funding, tech, post production support, and one-on-one mentorship with industry veterans.
High School 360 Filmmakers Challenge
Introducing a challenge to inspire Bay Area students to use next-generation technologies for real-world projects. Students partner with professional filmmakers to create 3-5 minute 360 films sharing what’s special about their communities. These students will learn new technology and production skills while they explore careers and higher education opportunities in STEM. The six week challenge concludes with a film showcase to celebrate their efforts and highlight the top films.
What to Expect:
The bootcamp, which is scheduled to take place July 26-27, partners filmmakers with nonprofits to create compelling 360 films for VR. These films will help bring awareness to nonprofit organizations that make the world a better place. Selected filmmakers will receive admission to the bootcamp—which includes hand-on education and access to VR filmmaking tools—one on one mentorship with industry veterans, and match making with nonprofits eager to tell their story through VR. See the Official Rules for complete eligibility requirements.
Who should apply:*
- Individuals who are 18+ years of age
- Passionate about VR
- Some technical experience (film production)
- Legal resident of one of the eligible jurisdictions
- See the Official Rules for complete eligibility requirem
- Passionate about telling their story in VR
- Excited about social media as an avenue for social change
- Programs and initiatives that are accessible for filming
- Legally organized in, and have a principal place of business, in one of the eligible jurisdictions.
- See the Official Rules for complete eligibility requirements.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted now through June 17, 2016 for both filmmakers and nonprofits. Selected potential candidates will be notified by or around July 8, 2016. If you think you’re ready to further your 360 video skills and VR development, please select your role below and you’ll be directed to the application.
For More Information: