Office for Disability Issues Call for applications for Young Leaders Japan (Funded)
The Office for Disability Issues, alongside the Disabled Peoples’ Assembly and the New Zealand Disability Support Network, has been asked to co-ordinate the process to identify Young Disability Leaders to participate in this wonderful opportunity.
To be eligible you need to:
- be between 23 and 40 years (delegation lead can be 40+)
- have more than 3 years of experience in promoting the social participation of older people, disabled people, or youth
- manage, have managed or be considered to have future management and leadership potential in a not-for-profit organisation (NGO)
- be a good representative of New Zealand
- be willing to fully participate in all aspects of the programme, and be effective at working in groups
- be able to talk about your work from a practical day-to-day perspective as well as be able to present the wider context within which you work
- provide a written report to the Japanese government on the issues that have been considered within the programme.
To be considered for the programme, you need to complete an Application Form [DOCX, 39 KB] and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 October 2017. (The Office needs to notify the Japanese Embassy on representatives by 2 November 2017.)
- The Programme is funded by the Japanese Government, which will cover the cost of economy airfares to and from Japan, local travel and accommodation costs within Japan.
- The delegates are responsible for passport costs, personal expenses, medical insurance and travel within New Zealand.
The duration of the Japan visit is 13-27 February 2018. Delegates from the NZ Disability sector will join other NZ delegates from the Youth Development and Seniors sectors, as well as similar delegations from Germany, Austria and hosts Japan.
The Programme will include:
- A 3-night, 4-day forum (discussions and exchanges of ideas) in Tokyo with Japanese participants and the delegates from Germany and Austria.
- Followed by a regional programme that will involve facility/organisational visits to observe community-based activities, local seminars with local youth working in disability, seniors or youth fields (as appropriate), and a homestay.
For further information please contact Brian Coffey, Director Office for Disability Issues, email email@example.com
For More Information: