Application Deadline – December 15th, 2016 (the last date to apply online)
Eligibility Deadline – January 7th, 2017 (the last date for completing eligibility criteria in order to receive an interview call)
The Peace Revolution Bridge Youth Fellowship will bring together 30 young people from Eastern Europe, Caucasus and Central Asia who are interested in learning and exploring self-reflection as primary means to create real world change. We believe that the establishment of peace in the region and in the world may be possible only if there is peace in each one of us (“Peace In + Peace Out = Sustainable World Peace”).
This training aims to promote a culture of peace, tolerance and conflict prevention through the means of meditation and self-development. It will include interactive activities, meditation and yoga sessions, lectures and discussions providing the participants with the skills for non-violent resistance, peace education, enhanced creativity and stress-management. Participants will have a chance to explore meditation as a practice which can cultivate skills to deal with challenges within peace-building and youth work, which makes this fellowship different from others.
Do you want the world to change and become a better place? Start from changing yourself and attending Bridge peace fellowship to learn more about meditation and network with like-minded peers.
- To bring young leaders and activists from the Eastern Europe, Caucasus and Central Asia together, provide a forum for networking and exchange of experience through dialogue and cooperation.
- To empower young people, offering them the space to create ideas for implementation of activities and events in their own communities.
- To promote tools of non-violent communication and peace building that can be applied in all cultures.
- To develop and strengthen an active network of young peace builders that aims to boost creativity and to support personal and professional development.
- To explore the idea of self-development and inner change as a core foundation of sustainable world change.
In order to be chosen as participants for the Bridge Fellowship, the candidates should:
- Be the nationals and residents of the following countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan;
Have completed at least 14 days of the online self-development program in English and provide their CV together with application (we are looking for peacebuilders, university workers and teachers, NGO workers and founders, young activists interested in mindfulness and meditation as inner peace tools);
- Have good proficiency in written and spoken English;
Be optimistic and open-minded, with demonstrated leadership potential, interested in cultivation and promotion of peace and mindfulness;
The fellowship fee as well as accommodation and food will be covered for the selected participants by the World Peace Initiative Foundation.
For More Information: