Application Deadline: January 15 2015
The Posen Foundation is pleased to announce the Posen Society of Fellows’ third competition for an international cohort of emerging scholars whose work deals with modern Jewish history and culture. Each of the six winning fellows will receive $40,000 over two years, and will attend an annual summer workshop led by senior scholars in the field of Jewish Studies.
The Posen Foundation is now soliciting applications for the 2015-2017 class of Fellows. All applicants should have completed their comprehensive exams, have their dissertation prospectus approved before April 1, 2015 and have approximately two years left before completion of the dissertation.
The Posen Foundation is particularly interested in projects that would speak to a wider public beyond the academy. Applications should include an explanation for how the dissertation addresses issues of relevance to such an audience.
Eligible scholars should be completing a doctoral dissertation on a topic related to modern Jewish history or culture.
The Society will include six scholars who will convene each summer over two years to share work, discuss progress, and participate in professionalization workshops. Fellows will be expected to attend two annual gatherings, and to submit a report on their progress and adapt their work for a public audience.
Criteria for Selection
To be considered for the Society, scholars must submit (in English or Hebrew):
- A Cover letter stating academic concentration.
- Curriculum vitae (including education, publications, scholarly activities, teaching experience and any other relevant work experience).
- A dissertation prospectus.
All of the above must be uploaded as a single PDF file. No other type of file can be submitted nor can multiple separate files.
- A letter of recommendation from the applicant’s major advisor/s, which addresses the significance of the applicant’s work, will be uploaded to a separate form by said advisor/s. Please be sure to save the application’s serial number which you will receive upon submitting the form, as your advisor/s will need it in order to submit the recommendation.
- All applicants should have completed their comprehensive exams, have their dissertation prospectus approved before April 1, 2015 and have approximately two years left before completion of the dissertation.
- Applicant must guarantee they are not receiving another scholarship of more than 10,000$ a year.
Deadline: January 15th 2015, 6PM (18:00) US time.
Awards will be announced by April 2015.
* Participants outside the U.S. are required to have a valid visa.
The Posen Society of Fellows is not restricted to any religion or nationality.
For More Information: