Application Deadliine: January 16, 2015
Putnam County Executive MaryEllen Odell invites high school Juniors/Seniors, undergraduate and graduate students to apply for summer internship opportunities with Putnam County government.
Apply for a chance to be selected for an invaluable experience that will provide the opportunity to:
- explore a potential career field and develop career-related skills;
- demonstrate to college and/or graduate school admission counselors and future employers your motivation to learn and build experience in your field of study or area of interest;
- establish pre-professional experience;
- develop personal contacts in your field of interest;
- observe and be a part of ongoing activities in a fast-paced, real world environment.
Interns selected will be matched, to the extent possible, with work opportunities in Putnam County government that align with the student’s interests and/or field of study.
Program Period: May 26 – August 14, 2015, with flexible starting and ending dates, depending upon student availability, to a maximum of 8 weeks within such period.
Hourly rate for paid positions will be :
- Intern (High school) $8.00/hour
- Intern (College) $9.00/hour
- Intern (Graduate) $10.00/hour
Unpaid internships will be available. Children of County employees are also eligible for these positions.
- Resident of Putnam County
- Be 16 years of age or older
- For college level applicants, we recommend a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or equivalent of a “B”
- Children of Putnam County employees are excluded from paid internships, but may be placed in unpaid positions
- Certain assignments may require background screening
- Be eligible to work in the United States
- Meet the PILOT program eligibility requirements
- Preference will be given to undergraduate/graduate students for paid intern opportunities in the PILOT program
- Availability to work 28 hours/week
How to apply:
Please complete the application form. Be sure to attach a cover letter and your resume.
Click here for an application form.
For More Information: