Application Deadline: SUNDAY 9th OCTOBER 2016
Radio 1 & 1Xtra are offering 4 placements at the heart of our networks to people looking for the chance to develop their creative and production skills and who want hands on paid experience in the media industry.
This time around are focusing the internship on Storytelling, and we’re looking for candidates with a particular passion for telling stories that appeal to the Radio 1 & 1Xtra audience in both audio and video.
- Radio 1 & 1Xtra are looking for creative people, who are passionate about radio, music and everything that appeals to a 16-24 year old audience. We not looking for lots of qualifications, in fact there is no minimum entry requirement but you must be able to show that you have a big imagination and an enthusiasm for pursuing a career in the media.
- From day one we want you to become part of our team, so we’re looking for individuals with an understanding of our programming and a willingness to contribute, research and develop ideas with our teams.
- You will be able to help us shape our programmes and projects so that they appeal to and are truly reflective of young UK. In return you’ll develop a range of skills by working across our platforms and with teams across the networks.
- Radio 1 & 1Xtra will tailor a schedule built on your interests and experience allowing your talents to shine.
At the start of the placement, interns will be set a group project to develop across the 8 weeks. This will focus on storytelling and will involve close working with our Stories, iPlayer and Visualisation teams.
There will also be the opportunity to spend time across our schedules and other departments. You will take part in meetings and brainstorms across R1 and/or 1X, conduct research and complete a range of duties for production teams before and during live programming.
The Ideal Candidate
- You will be a driven and motivated individual ready to pursue a career in the media, actively seeking out opportunities to build your skills- you’ll already be involved in creative projects at a local level- this could be, for example, radio, films, blogging , journalism or music production.
- You will have a wide knowledge of current music trends and be familiar with Radio 1 and/or 1Xtra output and schedules.
- You will be genuinely interested in youth programming and the things a young audience are passionate about .
- You will have a good grasp of modern technology and social media and an understanding of the impact this is having on how our audience consumes our content.
- You will bring a fresh voice and fresh ideas to Radio 1 & 1Xtra. You’ll relish the challenge of helping us serve our diverse audience better by sharing insight and your own experiences.
INTERVIEWS AND ASSESSMENTS ARE LIKELY TO BE HELD W/C 21ST NOVEMBER
How to Apply:
We’re not a fan of long wordy job applications, what we really want to see is your creative genius but there are a few steps you’ll need to complete along the way:
Before you apply, make sure you read all the information on the Radio 1 & 1Xtra careers pages, it’ll give you a good idea of what we are looking for in an intern.
First of all you’ll need a BBC careers hub account, which you can set up here.
You’ll need to answer a few yes/ no questions to make sure you are eligible for a Radio 1 & 1Xtra internship
If successful at this stage,
This is the main part of the application process. You will be asked to tell us a little bit about yourself and upload two pieces of content that show your creative flair and your experience across media platforms.
If your application is successful, you will be invited to an interview and group assessment here in London, you will also be required to complete a short creative brief before your interview.
For More Information: